Scabies? Please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

my housemates at uni recently got diagnosed with scabies and I didnt know about it till a few days ago... I spend most of my time in my room and dont really see these guys very often at all, but my legs started getting really itchy recently, but i thought it was just my RLS... but now cause of this scabies malarkey idk what to think... i cant see any of the trails google keeps telling me about but File size is too bigdoes this rash look like potential scabies infection or just plain old razor rash? please help, im starting to get extremely paranoid 😂imageimage

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

id say u have scabies, sorry hun im struggling with this battle at the moment using coconut oil and tea tree oil mixed together and it seems to be helping

• Posted

hi megscott77

It's kind of hard to tell, that first image kind of looked like scabies but I can't be sure and I sure wouldn't try and diagnose you. I'm no Dr but I will tell you this much from experience...I fought those things for 2 years, it was a nightmare, thought I was loosing my mind with the uncontrollable itching! I went to the Dr and was prescribed Permethine, rub that into your skin from head to toe. Leave on for 12-14 hours then shower, 2 weeks later you must do a follow up treatment otherwise you won't get rid of them. The eggs left by the adult scabies hatch by then and you need to treat them as soon as they are born! Chances are you don't get close enough to your roommates to catch scabies, skin to skin contact is the major way of getting them. But buy some lice spray, that is 100% Permethine, spay areas your room mates sit( if you also sit there. And if your Dr does perscribe you the Permethine, defiantly use the spray on your mattress and furniture you can't cant wash in hot water like your bedding and clothing recently worn. That's the best advice I can give...good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.