Scabies? Please help - months of itching.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

Myself, partner and 4 year old have been itching for months now. Worse at night, mainly on legs, belly and groin. I have itched my legs so much that I've caused them to bleed.

I visited the Dr's and he prescribed Derbac M to try (although he wasn't sure it was scabies due to lack of rash). This helped for a week but it started again, Dr was reluctant to try further scabies treatment and said that if it was scabies that would have sorted it. I was meant to have an appointment with dermatologist but this was cancelled due to current climate.

Photos of myself and sons marks attached.

imageimageimage

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

hi, i am sorry you guys are going through this. Some of us have been treating for years meanwhile others have great results with permethrin. Have you tried permethrin? it is given in a 5% solution cream that is supposed help kill the mites and possibly the eggs. they Recommend putting the cream from the jawline to the soles of the feet , leaving it on for 13 hours.

• Edited

All family itching, especially night, typical scabies lesions and symptoms, and the doctor still not sure, this is what most of us experienced. Scabies is a neglected disease and usually misdiagnosed according to World Health Organisation. You have obviously scabies like Felicia said and permethrin should be your first choice. Along with permethrin, you can take ivermectin in proper doses. It seems that ivermectin can protect you from coronavirus too.

• Posted

Looks similar to my symptoms and after 1 year and multiple Dr.s I'm finally on Scabies treatment and have had 2 nights sleep without biting waking me up. Stay persistent and keep seeking help. Dr.'s can be stubborn.

• Edited

that is absolutely scabies i am suffering from same problem as well as my 4 year old son i never ever had this before DR weren't aware what is that they prescribed me citrizon table for allergy and many different creams but my skin was still the same at the end they found its scabies finally yesterday they prescribed me permarthirin 5% cream my skin is still iching🤔😥

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.