Scabies situation and home set up

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been dealing with this since August, and not sure about a few things in my apartment. It's a wood floor, so how often should I mop it? I usually do bleach and water and spray permethrin later.

I have a Japanese mat that I sleep up made of 3 cushions. I had to throw the fabric holding it all together away, because it won't fit after I washed it. Now I sleep on the cushions with a blanket over them and my pillows and two blankets for warmth. I'm thinking this could be housing the scabies, as washing them has been a pain, and drying them still leaves them wet for days. Should I ditch them? I'm thinking about getting a thick sleeping bag and just washing that out every few days.

Also, a friend said the bites were a little spread out for scabies. I dried all of my clothes, so I doubt its bedbugs. The dermo diagnosed it as scabies by visual--she couldn't get a sample off the scrape.

Finally, sometimes I feel like a bunch of bugs are crawling all over me. Does this mean that many are crawling on me, or am I having some kind of psychological reaction to the stress?

thank you to all

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i would just ho with a new bed and mattress set altogether and buy one of those zipper mattress covers that wrap around the entire mattress , you can wash those whenever and it protects your mattress from scabies and bed bugs

as far as the bites your feeling thats pretty normal to feel during treatment , i remember nights where i would literally get 0-5 minutes of sleep, THATS IT! from these evil things lol

but just make sure to use permetherin and clean your house and belongings vigerously house, car, workspace etc. also lotions are important too as your skin can dry up and also leave you itchy.

also remember not to lose hope , this is beatable but it can be extremely exhausting. Just a lot if prayers and perseverance and you should be fine!

best of luck to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.