Scalp acne

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, and thank you for any responds or hopefully help If I will see! 

So basically I'm going to be 19 in few months and from 12 I became poor kid with acne. Of course it began with few white pimples and then the massacre began all the s**t for years and years... Never really had on my chicks but mostly on my forehead, nose and lips area and my upper neck area where my ears are, and then back. My family was always on the natural stuff, so we were trying to solve it with aloes and other stuff. It didn't really helped me a lot, so I decided to go with medication prescribed by my doctors, something that just wasted money and time and stress and overall hope. I decided to just wait it out until It will go out "nature way" and just grow out of it, until one day I got itchiness in my scalp, when I was around 17. I don't really know what was it, first I was like I got infection from my visit from barber, when I was getting hair cut.  But I took it as some dandruff or something, or just some fungus infection that will last most of 2 weeks. After 2 weeks it didn't stop (during that time I already visited dermatologist and he prescribed me tons of dandruff shampoos which didn't really helped me) and then my acne came along with it, white pimples and then hair loss. Next doctors said it's caused with my acne problem and blablablabla, so I got prescribed some next light drugs which didn't help me, and just made me feel even more bad. I was always against doctors because I feel they are like robots prescribing what the system thell them, and never really investigate what kind of scalp problem I have. They would investigate 20secs and say take this drug for 6 months and see me after that if it got better. So here I am for people with good heart, to help me solve this problem. I would like to mention that I'm on strict diet for 3 years, no fast food / sugar / no sweet any soda nothing. Just vegetables sometimes diary breed and honey and I cut off coffee and just drink tea occasionally.  Acne made me have a really healthy lifestyle which helped me get rid of most face acne and back but my scalp is getting worse and worse and I don't think I can get any help from my doctors.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Scalp acne forms in much the same way as acne in any other part of the body. The sebaceous or oil glands are located deep in the skin and each oil gland is connected to a follicle, which is a tiny canal containing a hair. The oil or sebum produced by the sebaceous glands flows out through the follicle to the skin surface. This helps to lubricate the hair follicles and the skin. The opening of the follicle on the skin surface is known as a pore.
  • Posted

Scalp acne is not the most noticeable problem unless you have very short hair, so it sometimes goes overlooked. For those dealing with scalp acne, however, the problem can be annoying, painful, and often lead to hair loss.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.