Scalp Dermatitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a recurring problem with dry skin on my scalp, I have been to the doctors 3 times for this problem yet I seem to spend more time struggling with this problem, rather than getting any relief from it.

The doctors have diagnosed me with dermatitis, and tell me that the skin will always flare up, but since my problem never really goes, I am concerned I may have something underlying that is causing this problem!

My main concern is constant small flaking skin on the scalp; I wake up everyday in small patches of my skin, but also oozing behind the tops of my ears which also crust. This symptom often returns without any trigger such as itching.

I wouldn’t describe my scalp as feeling itchy, but more rather dry and tight. I have used T-gel, Sensitive skin shampoos; I cannot use nizoral because it makes my skin so tight and irritable, my roots honestly feeling like they are standing on end.

The doctors have prescribed me previously hydrocerin crème which offered relief but never cleared up any symptoms, betanove scalp application and a course of antibiotics. Most probably I have to say the anti biotic cleared my symptoms up the most effectively! But obviously the initial skin problems are returning a few months later.

Does anyone have any insight to this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I use T Gel,it has cleared mine,another good think to use is Olive oil,after I've washed hair and dried it,I then put olive oil on,really massage it in and leave it as long as you can then rinse it all out.sometimes bit of sun (heat )will bring your natural oils to the scalp,if you've got no health issues to not being out in the sun .Ive had this for to many years than I care to remember
  • Posted

Have you tried, tea tree essential oil? I rubbed it into my scalp at night usually then wash of in the mornings with dermol as shampoo's irritate my skin. I found it very good.

• Posted

Hey, try Scalex! It's an exfoliating gel that  removes oiliness and dead cells from skin and scalp. I used it for removing the craddle cup of my kid when she was small. Personally I have a combination skin but use it sometimes as a peel too (even if I don't have huge seborrhoeic problems) 
  • Posted

I have used T Gel for a year, and I have been alot better for the past year upon using this. Give it a try because it really helps smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.