Scalp issue for almost a year

Posted , 4 users are following.

Started July 2019. I've tried Clobetasol Propionate Topical and Ketoconazole shampoo. July 2019: image

March 2020: image

April 2020: image

help! advice? what is it? insight?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It could be seborrheic dermatitis, try Moo Goo milk shampoo it is really mild with no chemicals, I had scalp problems for years until I tried this and have never had a problem since. Use it every day for 2 weeks and everything should clear up then use it as often as you usually wash you hair. Don't go back to using other shampoos though. It is the only shampoo I use now because everything else irritates my scalp. A lot of those medicated shampoos can make the condition worse. You can order it online for roughly about £12 and then p&p will put it up to about £15 or you can get it from Amazon for £15 but it is a big bottle and it lasts for ages, much better value than those medicated shampoos.

• Posted

I haven't heard of Goo Moo Milk shampoo and have just had a look at their website, thank you for telling us about it. It also reminded me about oatmeal soaks. Put a cup of oatmeal/porridge oats into then foot of an old stocking, tie it off and let it steep [soak] in the water that you use to wash your hair. This should help to soothe your head.

Years ago, I was prescribed Bettamousse foam. It was wonderful, then it was withdrawn and hasn't been available for a few years but apparently it should now be available again. I'll put a link after this post.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.