Scans for 2 different issues? Undiagnosed condition?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I originally posted this in the wrong thread (health promotion) for some reason. So reposting here:

Here's the short of it. For the past 2 years I have been suffering from constant all over body twitching. The doctors I have seen haven't got a clue - they just did several full blood counts - which didn't show up anything that could conceivably be causing this. Just some anomalies with the white blood counts (low white).

I'm now way past the stage where I want to try and get some kind of diagnosis for this. As it's driving me nuts both physically and mentally now.

Would an MRI scan be the best option?

I also have another issue that started about a month ago - which is lower back and butt pain - this really hurts and seems to have gotten worse over the short time I've had it.

So there they are. 2 'conditions' which may or may not be related. I take it that if I have an MRI scan (or similar) that I would have to have 2. One for the lower back/spine and perhaps another one of my brain to see if anything weird is going on there?

Is that how it works or do you need just one? Thanks for any replies. It's already the usual stupid o'clock in the morning which I seem to be spending over-reading health forums and conditions these days. 😦

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

sounds like a vitamin deficiency, i would try taking a multi vitamin and also get your vitamin d tested with could be causing the lower back pain. if the lower back pain is vitamin d related it will get worse when you start taking the vitamin followed by getting better over 1-6 months.

• Posted

Hi. Thanks for the response. I wish it was that simple. I actually got vitamins and minerals checked (inc. calcium etc. etc.) as part of one of the blood tests and there were no concerns there. - besides when this all started I was living in a country where it was sunny almost all the time so as well as through my diet I'm pretty sure I got enough vitamin D.

I've actually had blood work done 7 times since all this started. Hence my questions regarding MRI scans or similar - I simply can't continue to have blood test after blood test without even coming close to any kind of answer so I need to start doing something else as at the end of the day GP doctors don't seem to care so much from one patient to the next meanwhile it's the patient's life that goes to pot.

• Posted

i mean other vitamins, ones doctor do not often check or tell you about. for me they never checked vitamin d cause my calcium was normal, my phosphors was way to low which my gp didn't even know how to treat. if you have any stomach problems not sure if yeah do that could affect how your body absorbs fats causing you to be low in vitamins a,d,e,k. but normal in water soluble vitamins( b12 etc).

I have had full body twitching joints problems, and neuromuscular issues sense childhood and certain vitamins help manage the symptoms a lot while doctors try to figure out the cause but because its rare whatever i have they may never figure it out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.