Scaphoid fracture?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I'm looking for some advice on my possible scaphoid fracture; I came off a horse at my horseriding lesson on the 4th December and the nurse at the hospital said that I had a right distal radius fracture and possible scaphoid fracture and put a backslab cast on it. Had a fracture clinic appointment the following week and the doctor said that the distal radius fracture isn't there and I was like oh, that's what the nurse said last week then he said its just a line on my bone apparently (after me looking at the x ray and him showing me) then he said its a possible hairline fracture but I don't know. They removed my cast and I've got a splint support and I've got an mri scan on Wednesday with a follow up appointment on Thursday. Scaphoid fractures don't tend to show up on x rays and the nurse at fracture clinic said they can take 10-12 days to show up. Glad I've got an mri because I'd like to know if it is broken but I've read that these fractures can be easily missed and cause damage/pain for months. The pictures I've attached range from the day I did it to now at various points over the past two weeks. I can't bear weight on my hand, grasp or grip anything and I'm in a lot of pain. Please could anyone give insight or if they've had a similar situation?

Thanks, Katie 😃

imageimageimageimageimageimage

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.