Scaphoid fracture - update

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi guys.

Just a follow up from my previous thread.

I had a fall a couple of months ago and landed flat on my hands onto concrete, nothing too serious just a normal trip etc.

I went to the doctor about four weeks later due to ongoing pain but I suspected nothing serious due to being able to move my wrist / hand relatively well, I just noticed some swelling on the palm side of the hand and limited wrist movement.

The doctor did some tests and advised they suspected a scaphoid fracture. My X-Ray results took 5 weeks to come back and came back okay. I went to my doctor again as suggested and he advised they often don't show on X-Ray. The symptoms are getting worse and currently I am in a wrist splint that I bought myself, I have very limited movement of the thumb and without the splint it is quite painful these days.

I am waiting for a fracture clinic appointment... does anyone have any experience with this type of fracture and in particular when it didn't show up on the first x-ray?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Can someone give any advice / help with this please?

I am quite concerned as it's getting worst, my GP has done nothing other than refer me to Trauma / Orthopaedics and I have no idea how long the wait is, thinks its time to go private!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.