Scar issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm 25 years old and I'm now 10 months post op from a total hysterectomy done by key hole surgery. I've had no problems at all since my hysterectomy.

In the last few months I've lost nearly 2 stone which I'm so happy with as I'm now down to my ideal weight for my height HOWEVER I've noticed tonight that Im itching the scar in my belly button and have noticed in the few last weeks that the scar has gone from a normal flesh colour scar to now a very deep purple colour and I don't know if there is something wrong with it or if it's the colour of the skin underneath and I'm only noticing now because of the weight loss has anyone else had this???

Thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Your young to have a hysterectomy yes mine itched for ages but it soon wears off
    • Posted

Yeah my womb just kind of broke and I was on a very heavy period everyday for two years we ran out of options and the hysterectomy was my very last option to stop it

It just seems to be all of a sudden I had nothing for 10 months then it just started

• Posted

Hi there..i had an abdominal almost 4 months ago. My scar itches all the time and it did turn a purple color but its started to lighten up a bit. I put lotion on it to relieve the itch
  • Posted

As Karmaway has already said, cocoa butter is great and stops the itch too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.