Scar tissue after TURP

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had TURP on Dec. 4, 2015.  After four (4) months, my stream was weak.  I was placed on 30 days antibiotics which provided little relief.  Went back on tamulosin, which helped a bit.

On May 13, 2016, six months after my initial TURP, I had a second operation to make an incision to stop blockage due to SCAR TISSUE! 

Urine flow was great, but I can tell it is already not quite as good as post surgery.  This has me really concerned.  I am taking thiosinamimum and serrapeptase to counter the "re-growth" of scar tissue. 

Any comments would be appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry that your having a problem.  Maybe you should have looked into something else.  They say that a Turp is a fix all but I think it does to more damage and they have to do it 2 or 3 time.  I hope you get better and off the meds  Ken
  • Posted

I had a HOLep prostate operation a year ago and suffered from weaker stream shortly afterwards. This has been getting weaker and weaker and after a cystscopy in June it was shown to be due to scar tissue forming a restriction in the urethra probably from the original operation. I have since (last week) undergone an "Optical urethrotomy" to cut into this stricture and can pee OK. However, the documentation that came with the urethrotomy only gives it a 40% chance of success so what you may be seeing is this regrowth, and that no amount of drugs would make any difference to the strength of the stream at all.

I'm not sure that my operation has been a complete success but I don't go back for a baseline pee test until the beginning of september and we will see where we go from there. As a matter of fact, do you get these leaflets on the operation (to stop the blockage) in your country (I'm in the UK).

Roger

• Posted

I received absolutely NO post surgery information.  Looking back, I should have received a written "does and don't" list.  This stricture issue I am dealing with really concerns me.

• Posted

It seems that doctors have a hard time getting it right with TURP surgery, at least for some of us.  After 4.5 months of total incontinence (4-7 Deoends per day, all soaked), I would prefer blockage and self cathing for awhile.;  I used to be really active until this surgery, now I have to work up courage to leave the house a couple of times each week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.