scar tissue after TURP

Posted , 5 users are following.

Looking for feedback.  I had laser TURP on December 4, 2015.  I believe the redulux laser was used for the procedure.  About 2 months after the procedure I passed several large blood clots.  I freaked out because one clot completely blocked my urine from coming out.  I drank a quart of water and took a hot shower.  I strained so hard I thought I would get a hernia.  Finally, it passed.   All was good for a while.  About four (4) months after the surgery my stream was becoming weaker and weaker.  I was put on three (3) back-to-back runs of antibiotics.  In addition, I started taking tamulosin again.   I knew something was wrong.  My urine stream was so weak that I knew I would be in the hospital for an emergency cath insertion, so I scheduled a cystoscopy in the hospital with my surgeon.  It was deja vu.  On May 13, 2016, a little more than 5 months after my TURP, I'm back in surgery AGAIN.  When I awoke, my doctor told me he had to make a couple of laser cuts due to excessive scar tissue. He couldn't believe I could pass urine.  I was told that some patients are more prone to developing scar tissue, and I must be one of those.  Nevertheless, It's been about four (4)  months.  My urine stream is not too strong; in fact, it's a bit weak. He told me that there's a chance the scar tissue will return!  I am taking herbal medicines, specifically thoisinaminum, serrapeptase and nanokinase for scar tissue.  I'm scared that I will have to go back again.  Quite worried about this situation.  Anyone out there ever dealt with this or experienced with the herbal treatment/s???

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Scurry,I wish i had an answer. I'm 86 years old i have urine rentention,they want to do a Turp on me.I must admit i am scared of this. I wish i had an answer for your problem<

Take care,

• Posted

Scurry,

`Have you looked into PAE? You shoud be looking at procedures that don't develop scar tissue.

Tom

• Posted

I recently read about PAE.   If I have to go for another procedure this will be discussed in length.  Thank you for your valuable input.
    • Posted

Scurry,

Many on this forum have had the PAE procedure with great success. It has the fewest side effects of any BPH procedure and should be the first to be considered, before treating the prostate with any form of heat, laser or cutting.

Tom

• Posted

Hi Scurry,

The longer your history of BHP the longer to return to normal.  I had TURP 5 onths apart.  It was Microwave plasma procedure. afetr wards I had bledding scarring on and off for 2 months.  It was scary and miserable during that time.  since the wiound is internal, it is hard to tell if it is healing normally or not the scaring scabs would form and fall off...when that happens it would beed a lot.  But I reasoned just like an external wound healing process, the scab would need to fall off.  This would scare you since it would start to bleed again.  but the volume of blood would be less and the scab would be smaller.  One chinese herbal product, Yunnan Baiyao capsules helps the healing, it stops the bleeding (external and internal).  

Aftyer the 2 months I had and severe UTI and was hospitalized since it got to my blood.  I had a complete checkout and the diagnosis is residual urine caused the infection.  My family doctor strongly suggested to followup with my urologist and after the cytoscope in the office he found remaining tissue in the prostate and urethra and suggested I do a followup TURP albeit a minor one.  I went through it and I am 3 weeks out of surgery and rogressing well and still taking the herbal.  I feel like the urine is stronger and ultrasound confirms the residual is much less.  Hopefully this is the end of thr recurring UTI.  I am taking also a nutritional product for bladder control since I have frequent urination which may be attributed to long standing BHP.  It takes a while for bladder to getting used to urinate less frequently.

I hope this helps

• Posted

I would love for someone to respond regarding herbal treatment for urethal scar tissue.  On May 13, 2016, I entered the hospital and my urologist  went in with the cystoscope to see why I could barely pass urine.  Keep in mind I had a laser turp on Dec. 4, 2015!   He make two incisions with his laser and the scar tissue which had formed "pulled back".  I has been just over four months.  My stream is getting weaker and I continue to take a regimen of 30C thiosinaminum, along with nanokinase and serrapeptase.  I have read where especially thiosinamimum is great for reducing urethral scar tissue.  Can this be true?  A case study in England involved a woman who had scarring of her falopian tubes.  Thiosinaminum was successful in reapairing the majority of the damage. 

I'm VERY concerned that the scar tissue will get worse and force me to go back for another operations to cut it back.  Can this not be fixed????  Your responses would be appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.