Scar tissue pain 12 months after anal fistula surgery?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone,

I had a fistulotomy last year in June and everything healed fine until end of August (open wound healing).

It was one big cut were the fistula was located and a small cut on the other side were the surgeon found a suspicious crypt - he's quite sure that a infected intestinal crypt was the source of the fistula.

The surgeon was very happy with the scar tissue and the result of the surgery.

In October last year I went back to doing sports (badminton) but I felt the "area" all the time.

When trying to go with the bike beginning of this year I realized that I cannot do it yet - everything felt somehow sore and sitting was even worse the days after.

As of today I can still feel it when sitting in my office chair and I'm always switching position during the day. Sounds maybe strange but sitting on one foot to lift the area up a bit is already a big relief.

It seems that the scar tissue is somehow hyper-sensitive but it looks unsuspicious (nothing red or swollen...).

Going with bike -> ouch

Sitting on a chair -> very uncomfortable

Walking -> not so comfortable probably due to friction, but better than sitting on it

Lying down -> no problem at all

Seems it's a contact/friction problem and I have no idea what to do. The surgeon tells me to be patient and wait but that's what I'm doing since half a year.

Anyone else having the same problems?

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Daniel

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.