Scar tissue pain from hysterectomy?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 3 yrs post partial hystetectomy. Lately, i’ve been experiencing random sharp pains frequently in my pelvic area when sneezing or moving abruptly. I used to get them during my cycles at times or I can remember them during pregnancy, as well (but more frequent now) So, I’m not sure if it’s just pains from leftover ligaments with scar tissue or what. Can anyone shed some light on this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had pains like that forever after my csection and after my open abdominal oophorectomy but when i had them after my total hysterectomy which was between the other 2 surgeries it was endometriosis not simply scar tissue. look at the cause or reason for having the hysterectomy in the first place and ask your dr . also If you still have your ovaries you will technically still cycle just not menstruate the same way

• Posted

I had mine removed a year and a half or so after my total hysto but the plan was to reevaluate and check and maybe remove them in 10years as long as I was not having more issues but I had sudden horrible issues after. I was young 35 maybe that's why but I was told they would continue to function until natural menopause. obviously with them being removed I went into sudden onset menopause.

• Posted

Thanks for the response Heather. Long story short I had a C-section 25 years ago and had a partial hysterectomy three years ago due to a failed endometrial ablation for long heavy periods. No endometriosis was ever found. So, I’m afraid looking at the "why" will not help. Just trying to get an idea of what symptoms people have had with scar tissue, because this seems different than what I had with my c-section.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.