Scar tissues and abdominal adhesions

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone experienced scar tissues and abdominal adhesions after radical prostatectomy?

I seem to have them and they are disturbing my disgestive system tremendously: bloating, and some intestinal pains that come and go.  No constipation, very light and rare diarreha.  

I had a serious infection following the op and loads of antibiotics.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Fortunately I had a robotic assisted prostatectomy and had no issues at all with the surgery.

Though not a Dr. I would GUESS the digestive issues may stem from the infection and antibiotics

• Posted

I had RP on 7 March 2017 and my scares are still a light reddish color. My doctor said it is taking them longer than normal, but they fine. I have not had any digestive issues, however; I do have an abdominal rupture (hernia) now.
    • Posted

It is when the abdominal muscle is weakened by the incision and the intestine protrudes through. The symptom is about a golf ball sized knot on my abdomin above my belly button. It not painful but is not a great sight. If I choose, I can have surgery to correct it.
    • Posted

I had a surgery to fix it and it was very helpful.
  • Posted

ayman,

I am 52.

PSA 6.23

GLEASON SCORE 3+3=6

Six of twelve samples taken came back positive for cancer.

Because half of my samples came back positive the doctor recommended removing it.

Read a 240 page book with much info in it and decided to get a second opinion, It was the same only this doctor could do robotic surgery. It seemed like the best choice to me.

I was home in three days and had to return to the ER for excruciating pain in the abdominal area. I spent 6 more days in the hospital. I had 2 1/2 enemas from the back side and milk of mag., stool softeners, prune juice from the top side (that I remember). I was swollen up like a tick! Day three they gave me a choice of another laxative or to have my stomach pumped, I gladly had my stomach pumped.

To answer your question, it has been 23 days now and I have to be very careful what I eat and how much. I feel a little better most every day. I have small bowel movements but my gut feels fuller that I think it should and my butt has almost a constant pain. The only relief I really get is when I have a bm, the larger the better. The pain feels like the soreness you get when you start riding your bicycle at the beginning of the season but is not really a soreness at all because it is relieved with a bm. Very disappointing in the recovery time.

• Posted

Very sorry for you. Prostatectomy isn't a good choice. I refused it. Have PCa too. Sure, I am not cured, but my quality of life was preserved for 8 years. Now , 16 years later, I am not in a good shape any more, but I don't regret. Hope your state will improve.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.