Scar under knee, still hurts to kneel and do other tasks that include putting your knees down on som

Posted , 3 users are following.

So back when i was 13 in the summer of 2016, i had a pretty bad fall with my bmx on gravel and scratched up my knee so bad, it looked more like a motorcycle accident. so i cleaned the scuffs and wounds with alcohol and it hurt like a b***. It took a very long time to heal and when it finally was gone 3 months later i still had one massive scar that stuck out a solid 0.5cm from my regular skin and was a purplish-blue color. I still have it today more than 2 years later and it's about 2cm in diameter. Kneeling down and other tasks where weight has to be put on the scar stings a lot and i cant endure the pain for even 2 seconds. Why did it form like this. Picture attached is the scar below my kneecap today.image

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Look up "keloid". I had a friend that developed these and tried to have them removed. That didn't work and the overgrowth of scar tissue simple got worse the more she tried to have it removed. However that was YEARS ago and perhaps new and better treatments have been developed. See a doctor that specializes in skin issues. In your picture the scar doesn't really look that bad. Good luck.

• Posted

If you didnt have this treated by a medic I am wondering if some of that gravel has become permanently embedded under the scar. Just a tiny piece could cause pain and also would explain the lump. You would need an xray and if the gravel is still there the scar could be opened up and cleaned.

Its also possible that you have some end of nerve damage that will be painful to kneel on. In that case it can take a very long time for it to heal and may take years.

You will only get a definite answer if you see your doctor for assessment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.