Scared".......

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have a black spot on my sole, saw the gp on Wednesday who fast tracked a referral to the dermintoligy dept. phone call on Wednesday afternoon with appointment for Thursday!! 

Saw the consultant and two other consultants that she bought into the room( with my permission) have been told I have malignant melanoma,

tomorrow Saturday I am having an op to remove it and then it will go to path lab for a definite prognosis,This has happened so quick, no time to breath properly.

i asked the consultant what is the likelihood that the three of them had got it wrong? She said they might have but she didn't think that they had. Very nice lady who was very good to me explaining everything to myself and hubby. Has anyone else had this what is the next step.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louise, sorry to hear you have a black spot on the sole of your foot.  They found one on my foot last May.  I knew it was there since 2013 but as it just looked like smudge I didn't think it was anything.  It did turn out to be acral lentiginous melanoma, in situ, i.e. it was only in the upper/outer layer of the skin, which they class as T0 (tumour 0) which when removed with clear margins is considered cured. How big is your spot?  I needed 3 operations before the margins were clear, the last two with skin grafts.  It is a very awkward place to have surgery. Good luck tomorrow.  Once it has been removed prognosis should be good!
    • Posted

hello Maja, it is about an inch roundish, it has grown by a third in size in the last three weeks, it is good that they have rushed all the treatment. I did get angry though, to go through the two knee replacements only to have to face this made me very upset. Glad yours all went well. 
  • Posted

Sorry you will be laid up for 3rd time!  Hope you still have yr crutches.  Try & keep yr leg horizontal as much as poss even when moving to reduce risk of post-operative bleed. I had my ops in Oxford. All the best for tomorrow! Maja
  • Posted

Hi Louise, I have been thinking of you, wondering how are you doing? I have just finished a video about my melanoma journey and wondered if it might be of interest to you? I hope your histology report comes back clear, but it might give you some practical tips about foot surgery recovery.  Hope the operation went well and you are getting better every day!  Best wishes,  Maja

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.