Scared!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys,

Apologies to anyone that replied on my last post. I have had trouble with phones lately and now can't find that post!

I am due to start sulphazalasine tomorrow and i'm nervous. I've been off meds for just over 2 months after i reacted badly to MTX and been waitin for it all to come out system.

I just feel so much better in myself without the stupid pills, and I know that i shouldn't, but i have just googled it and i've read some awful things from people! So please someone tell me something good!!

Hope you're all well xx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi. That was my very first drug I took, landed in in hospital for 7 days... Made me so ill... Also made my mum ill and spending time in hospital.... So I wasn't on the drug longer than two weeks so not sure how the benefits would of worked... But when I moved town my new rheumatologist said he won't even prescribe them... But talk to your rheumatology department if your unsure because there's so many other drugs you could try first

• Posted

Hi Sarah, I feel your fear.  I was on MTX for 6-8 months and it started to lose some of its effect.  I had tried other dmards  and they did not work and since I am on Medicare ( US) the only option for me was to try Remicade which was give thru the vein for 2 hours.  I read all of the good and bad reactions and told my doctor that I was terrified to take it.  He understood and gave me drugs that would make my journey as safe as possible.  After months of taking Remicade and no bad reaction and my RA getting better I finally gave up my fear and settled into the routine. Do I get a little nervice when I go for my treatment, sure but it passes.  Tell your doctor how you feel, it's really ok.  Best of luck, Jo

• Posted

Thank you Jo.

I am glad your RA is getting better. All the best :-)

• Posted

People react to meds differently. What affects one person may not affect the next. 
  • Posted

Hi Sarah... Not all of us are brave... I'm on my second biological drug... Had a total meltdown in hospital when they started the infusion... Cried my eyes out shaking.. It was awful.. But the drug has worked wonders... Your allowed to feel scared and worry your arse off as much as you like... Not everyone is the same.. So we don't all handle it the same xx

• Posted

Thank you Debbie. Its nice to know I'm not alone! I'm so glad its working for you and i hope it continues to do so :-)

• Posted

Hi Sarah

I am with you too!   I come here for support     I kept putting off humira b/c of fear and reading about all the side effects.   Tremendous anxiety before the first injection

But I am doing better with it despite some side effects.   I call the nurse at the doc office with any concerns about symptoms.  Having a small child would really increase my concerns too but hopefully this medication will work for you.  It is trial and error with all these medications unfortunately

Best of luck today--will be thinking of you and wishing you well : )

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.