Scared :(

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone... I'm new here today and fairly new to cardiovascular problems. I few months ago i started having irregular heart beats.  So after a visit to the ER and a referral to a cardioligist...  had some tests and was recently put on Bisoprolol 2.5 mg per day.  I should have started it a  month ago but im terrified of all the side effects i have found online about it. And i was so happy to find this discussion Forum...  however im even more terrified to take the Bisoprolol as it seems like there is not much good being said about it.  Sounds extremely bad to take sad  .  My cardioligist was first going to let me take 3 months for lifestyle changes...quitting smoking...walking etc.  ... but then somehow we agreed i will start the Bisoprolol.  My life was extremely stressful for the past 2 years prior to this arrythmia with episodes of bradycardia ... im fearing whats ahead once on this medication.  Im already tired all the time... and feel kinda depressed at my newest diagnosis.  ( im also diabetic type 2 ...  high blood pressure and high cholesterol... which are all in the normal ranges with my medications ) .   Any advice please?   Should i not even start it? Im afraid of the heart rate going to low... mine ranges up and down at times...  high 40's when its low.

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was put on 2.5mg of Bisoprolol, I very soon developed the habit of cutting my tablets in half which still kept my heart rhythm problems under control but even this reduced dosage has turned me into an old man overnight, it feels as if my lungs hardly work, I am constantly tired, they called an ambulance for me at work when the nurse could hardly feel my pulse and I was on the verge of collapse with lethargy. They have now told me to not come back to work until I am better!

I was told to stop taking the Beta blockers five days before having an angio-gram, after four days my symtoms were far worst than before I started taking them, rang 111 who sent an ambulance around because my at rest heartbeat had gone up to 149 and my ecg graph just looked like a child had been scribbling up and down, spent the weekend in hospital.

Following my angio-gram, I have now been prescribed Sotalol instead but havnt started taking them as I am frightened that they seem even more worrying regarding my breathlessness and lethargy with Bisoprol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.