Scared.

Posted , 3 users are following.

In November last year I had a smear that came back abnormal and was given an appointment for a colposcopy January just gone, also abnormal CN1 and I have another colposcopy this coming January again.

Two weeks ago I had a go letter to go for a smear which I thought odd as I have this colposcopy appointment coming up. Anyway I went for it and had a letter Saturday saying high grade something or other and at this point I went to bits and shoved it back in envelope.

I too a diagram to calm down but I'm a wreck and don't know what to do. My daughter came over and read the rest of it and I'm being sent an appointment for sooner than January.

How the he'll do people cope with this?? I'm shaking even writing this, help.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Jane,

I'm sorry that you're going through this. Most things can be sorted if they're caught early. I understand what you're going through, because I'm being treated for endometrial cancer right now.  I'm to have my 5th chemo of 6 this week, then move on to surgery, then radiation.  

The only thing that has helped me is to try to take things one day at a time and not to live in the past or fear for the future.  Really, the only thing we have is "now."  I'm hoping for the best for you--and will be praying.  

Please let me know how you get on. xx

• Posted

Thank you Lynda. Yes that's all I can do now. It's all consuming at the moment, I can't eat or sleep through worry.

Been ill for eight weeks now with nausea headaches and dizziness, just been for neck xray too, if that's okay then being referred to a neurologist.

All my doctor has done is give me meds for high BP despite me telling her I feel ill all the time. Sorry I babble when nervous!!!

Thank you for replying.

• Posted

Hi Jane, you're welcome.  The feeling ill, nausea, etc. could be from what's going on with your cervix.  I don't want to scare you.  Have you lost weight? Before I was diagnosed, I felt as if I was coming down with the flu for 3 1/2 months.  Then, I started to spot....have you had any spotting?   

• Posted

Yes, had spotting a couple of years ago, had transnational scan and it showed a polyp. I went to have it removed but the doctor couldn't find it so that was that and I haven't had spotting since.

Just poorly for the last eight weeks.

• Posted

Sorry meant transvaginal scan
    • Posted

I'm glad you're going to your gp.  Please let me know how you get on. xx

• Posted

Hi jane: Since you are so worried, it's best to see your general practitioner, and ask his opinion about what the smear results mean. He won't mind explaining it to you, and I am sure he can say it in a very informed and intelligent way. He may be able to calm your worries. It's best not to worry until all results are in, and you are actually diagnosed. I am the same, sometimes worry too soon. I  Hope your results turn out to be nothing serious.

harrishill   

• Posted

Thank you. Yes I have an appointment Thursday for results of neck xray. I will certainly talk to her about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.