scared..

Posted , 2 users are following.

would i know if my heart were failing? i got 3 EKGs, 2 echos, chest XRAY and blood work in february that came back normal but all of a sudden this thought popped into my head... is it likely healthy 15 year old could develop a failing heart in seven months???

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It is very unlikely, and if all those tests you mentioned came back normal, then I don't think there would be anything wrong with a healthy 15 year old. However, if you still feel unsure I would recommend you talk to your doctor about further testing.

For teenagers, the most healthy they can do for their heart is eating right and getting a minimum of daily exercise. (you're probably in school and school/studying is dominantly done while sitting and being sedentary).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.