scared

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im a 22 yr old girl, over the past year ive been experiencing what ive realised as really bad health anxiety. It started when i had some tests everything was fine but ever since then I have thought my heart was giving up on me (had tests everything was fine) and now im in the midst of feeling like theres something wrong with my brain. Part of me knows that this is all symptoms of anxiety and stress, but then ill have a tingle in my head or a feeling that is new and in that moment I feel like I am going to drop dead that very minute which sends me into histerics. I am also in my third year of uni at the minute so all this couldnt have come at a worse time for me. I was prescribed a small dose of 10mg of imipramine a day but after taking this for 2 and a half weeks I felt worse so stopped. Im booked in to recieve CBT and am very hopefull for it to help. I guess im just seeing if anyone experience similar things so I dont feel so weird and alone. Im normally such a happy outgoing person which is why this upsets me so much I feel like i should be making the most of my last year at uni and dont want to look back at this part of my life negatively. Sorry this long!!!!! Any replies would be appreciated! Positive side though ive managed to stay off Google this time willpower!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am going through this right now too! I have always had really bad health anxiety for years and in the last 6 weeks it has spiraled out of control. I was going through alot in my life and thought i was coping and then I started to get physical symptoms and lost control. I started googling every symptom convinced I have a terrible disease I started having panic attacks which i never had before, atleast nothing like this. I didn't know what they were and got so scared something is seriously wrong finding it hard to believe anxiety can do all this. I feel like I'm dying sad
  • Posted

Try staying away from any kind of partying, caffiene and sugary foods. Then go on a balanced diet. Eat three meals a day and be sure all the proper food groups are on it. Drink at least ten glasses of water a day. Go to the gym everyday and work out for thirty minutes a day minimum. Maybe, just maybe your body is unbalanced from sugar levels or malnutrition and if you take better care of it it will help you. You need to be able to sleep a good seven hours a night as well. You are very young and your body is quick to heal and stronger then you can imagine, dont allow your mind to tell you otherwise. The best form of release at your age is working out which will use up unused energy and release endorphines which will relax you and make you feel stronger. Take on day at a time, do not look last the day at all. Anxious people,live in the future. Good luck with the cbt.
  • Posted

Have just read your post, and its literally the same as what my mind does to me. I keep fixating on my health and finding possible problems and turning into an absolute panic is I resemble any symptons I find on-line. I am also around the same age as you... 20 and a uni student. Although, currently I am on my placement. The only time I am not anxious is when I am at work, but as soon as I come home, or even have woken up and on the way to work I feel horrible and scared of borderline anything. Any anxiety sympton at this point I have had. For the last 5 months my anxiety has just got processively worse... when I am so positive and outgoing usually. I'd almost go as far as saying, I wish there was an issue/ problem in my life that would put my anxiety issues into perpective, as I had no major reason to worry. 
    • Posted

When you have an attack try and write what you were doing at that time? I suffer from them. For five days now I've slept and had a full day without a fool blown episode. I write daily. Drink plenty of water, walk EVERYDAY, change the people I surrounded myself around, I do brain teasers and think more positive . I also do meditation I even learned that what worry of past hurts, past issues, stress as a mother of 5 , loud noise etc all triggered me. So I have to push and learn to cope. It's not easy but will become easier once you eliminate stress and learn what helps you
    • Posted

I was just wondering if you had noticed any link between these attacks and what you eat and drink ?

FOR EXAMPLE according to reports and published articles in medical journals Aspartame is neurotoxic . This is an artificial sweetener.

• Posted

No I haven't. II have diabetes type 2 since exercising and eating healthier I notice glucose have Been normal I feel shaking, and nervous when it's low. Low for me is the normal for others. So I started to tell myself that its low I can bring it up. At times I got into a panic and flared up. Today I did have one. I had to write after writing I figured out exactly what caused it. My bills are due lights, car note car insurance, need gas for the van and because I don't have it its bothering me. Son in stressed writing that sends me chills, tears, headaches, tingling in my lips, face. Heat through my arms. But I must learn now how to self control that and not worry on what I'm not able to do right now.
    • Posted

From what I have noticed with myself I would definately say there is a link between my anxiety and what I eat. I.e. There is a direct link with drinking caffinated drinks such as coffee and having a panic attack. Also, I have recently got a job at a sweet company, and so get alot of free sweets (which is great), but since working there my anxiety has been at an all time high. So, for the last two week I have actively decreased my sugar in take, or have found alternative, healthier options such as fruit. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.