Scared

Posted , 4 users are following.

Right u suffer with severe anxiety and panick attacks there getting worse my doctor prescribed me fluxotine or sertrline but when I was a child I suffered with epilepsy obviously grew out of them not suffered one for 20 years but scared incase the antidepressants trigger one again it petrifys me so I just don't take anything but it's getting worse I've stopped driving I've stopped going out I hate it I go to therapy does anyone else do it without medication???

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

They have meds from the anti seizure areas they use in anxiety. You can discuss this with your doctor. Valid question.
  • Posted

Yes i dont take any meds im doing it on my own because the side effects are bad so i don't take anything but your not alone

• Posted

Thanks for the reply how do u cope with it I'm scared of going out and driving it's horrible??

• Posted

Yes well i jus tell myself im ok and that anxiety is not gonna hurt me are get to me but i try to jus ignore it and read books are try to do things that help take my mind of the anxiety
  • Posted

I don't do any meds, but I always an reading books on how to deal with it and the best thing I have learned is the more i avoid the thing that triggers my panic and anxiety the more I'm telling my subconscious and my disorder that I should be afraid and that it's correct for me to freak out. So I slowly started doing things that I couldn't and before I do i use only positive talk to myself, like I'm going to enjoy this, what ever happens I'll deal with it, I'm safe. I never ever say I'm not going to panic the mind doesn't really know how to deal with that for what ever reason it's like telling your self to panic. And I talk to my self like I'm taking to my best friend if I was next to them and they were going through it. I just keep reassuring all is well and when I'm done I tell myself see your OK to keep reinforcing that I'm OK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.