Scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I thought I would share my story. I'm 43 years old and 4 months ago had a full hysterectomy due to extensive endometriosis, cysts, fibroids etc. Now 4 months on I rushed to a&e Friday night with severe lower back pain which was worse than labour (Ive had 2 children). After being given painkillers and told I had blood in my urine the nurse told me my bloods were fine and all they found on the ct scan was a cyst on my kidney she told me I had a severe back spasm. So I went home took painkillers for 2 days but by Monday decided I wasn't happy I know what back pain is and this was too intense and radiated round my left hand side.  I visited my gp who said my bloods were all indicating infection and I still as blood in my urine so gave me strong antibiotics for a kidney infection but my urine sample then came back today with no bugs. Now I have a ultrasound scan on Tuesday to see what's going on and I'm terrified I have bladder cancer after googling online (I know bad thing to do but I suffer with anxiety and can't help but worry). I don't understand how the antibiotics have got rid of the pain but there was no bugs detected in urine just blood. The doctor aid she wants to investigate the cyst so I thought maybe the body is making cysts elsewhere now seeing as all my other bits are gone. I don't know I'm so confused. Also my stomach is very bloated. Any ideas anyone????? Thanks julie.x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You may have endometriosis in other areas of you body, this can grow anywhere in the body. Do some research so that you know what you are dealing with.
    • Posted

Omg really? And  thought all my troubles were over they said it was everywhere but they god rid of it. I thought it stopped growing when the ovaries were gone. Well that's what the consultant told me anyway.x

• Posted

Julie there's a link between endometriosis and candida, look it up on google

Sue x

• Posted

Well they either didn't get it all or it may not be that but I would do some research if I were you. Doctor's don't know much about things is my experience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.