Scared

Posted , 2 users are following.

Blood in urine

A year ago they found blood in my urine and sent me to a urologist. They did another UA, rectal exam, cystoscopy, CT Scan of my abdominal and pelvic area. They said I could have gallstones and fatty liver. There was moderate hydrothropy of the right lobe of my prostrate but everything was normal. I've also had a colonoscopy two years ago with one polyp that surgeon said had no way of being cancer. I've had two CT Scans of my head. 3 chest xrays, numerous blood work and it's all came back normal. But in my mind they missed something. Do you think that it's just my mind? Do you think they have done enough? My doctor says it's my anxiety. She put me on effexor xr 75mg. A psychiatrist just upped it to 150mg. Do I just need to trust them

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

What else are you doing?  Is your diet healthier?  Are you exercising? Taking action will help, too.  xx
    • Posted

Just meant that it helped my health anxiety when I decided to learn more about my health problems (I have fatty liver, too, for instance) & did what I could do to make them better.

My docs don't know much about diet or nutrition, etc. They're happy to write me a prescription, which often just gives me side effects to deal with, besides everything else.  And, now when they order a test, I ask why, and make them go through the results with me.  Stuff like that. xx    

• Posted

Just did the UA and psa test for my one year check up with urologist for the blood in my urine. The UA came back good Lynda. I'll let you know bout the psa.

• Posted

So, are you feeling better about things, now?  Sorry, I didn't reply sooner--have been having issues with pain after my surgery on 2/28.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.