Scared

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone

I was diagnosed 3 yrs ago with ibs due to producing foul wind.

In feb if this year I had a bout of gastroenteritis I visited my gp

And after discussing things

I had a colonoscopy in May of this year

And all was clear inc my biopsies

My bloods for celiac and thyroid were clear too

However I still have symptoms and am very stressed and anxious 

I have hated my diet some what and lost lots of weight like a stone

I also had a go map test and most was clear apart from some high levels of certain bacteria inc Candida

My elastase was borderline

I have just had a retest if my stool by the nhs after sending them my results.

When I had my colonoscopy they found to hemroids and I have seen small spots of blood

The nhs hav allowed me to have another colonoscopy this coming week

But reassured me all my recent tests were clear.

I have discomfort in my stomach quite often and I am worried sick

Is this normal 

Am I alone here?

Please help guys 

What else can I do to get reassurance?

As my pancreatic elastase was low is this a concern 

The dr never showed any concern and has said it’s not diagnostic but let’s do a another stool

Sample 

I know the stress is not helping at all 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry you're feeling that way, let me share a story. My trigger is stress and anxiety, everyday was hell for me. The stress was from my work. I get bloated, pain on my left upper side, explosive D and so many more. The mind and our stomach is more connected than we think. Maybe check your stress levels. I am still on finding ways to manage mine but I resigned lol so that helped a lot!

• Posted

Aimran

Await the results of the retaken tests and see how it goes, your GP has also taken further stool samples, so you need to await these results and your GPs decision

It sounds like all is ok, all is in hand.

Let us know how you get on

BOB

• Posted

Hey aimran, sorry you are going through this...Well in my opinion you should wait for the results....your doctor is taking care of your case properly so trust your doctor....well hemorrhoids are common and especially seen with constipation and sometimes with long standing frequent diarrhea....You need to recognize trigger of your symptoms...it will take time and no one can tell you what that is because everyone has different triggers....one thing to consider is you should be mindful about your feelings after eating...after eating certain foods if you feel good and energized then that food suits your body, after eating certain foods if you feel tired and lethargic then that food doesn't suit your body...

another thing is take care of your anxiety...I do yoga, meditation that helps me in long run...for time being you can use anxiolytics...you can ask your gp about that....and because of bowel disturbances you might deficient of essential vitamins...so take care of your body's vitamin levels and if necessary take supplements especially vitamin d.biggrin 

• Posted

My blood tests always come back normal everything has been so frustrating U gave derverticulitus and a heitus hernier Last colonoscopy May2018 I have had constant dirrhoea and pain for months I was not goven any antibiotics I keep reading here everyone who has had flare ups given but no not mt surgery just let me suffer My calprotection levels where raised and showed possible colitus inflimation of my bowel Im now going to change my doctors surgery I now back under my previous NHS consultant and she has put me on Questran there fibre sachets I started on 6 a day but now down to 3 a day. Can mix with water apple juice or milk. They personnaly have been my life saver these sachets I no longer have to worry about going out and messing my self anywhere Socially last few months have had to stay in or taken immodiaum which. only works temporarely then stomach pains a double wammy the next two days Not the answer only short term help .  Please ask for Questran or other binding your faeces. help Good luck and try keep a food diary daily so you can see what foods that particually upset you. I assume you been tested for caleac desease and or gluten alergy other such as crones and or Colitus ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.