Scared

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have never had a UTI before and I'm having a hard time. It has been 6 months of weird urinary symptoms that are mysterious. I don't have insurance right now and have serious doctor phobia. It started with a ripping pain at the end of urinating. It would linger for a while after urinating with some itching feeling too. My urine was cloudy. I noticed an improvement in symptoms when I excessively drank water so that made me think it was dehydration. I can never keep the symptoms at bay permanently unless I drink large amounts of water which then makes me urinate all night long. I have no frequency or urgency beyond what results from drinking so much water. I didn't think I had discharge but I do feel a dropping sensation when I first pee as if maybe there was an accumulation of something there. Nothing has appeared on tissue or under garments though. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary when I inspected my urethra. It all seems to be my urethra. I feel fine between peeing. I am worried about urethra cancer and now I'm worried that not treating whatever this is for so many months will turn into cancer. Everything I read sounds like what I have is urethra cancer. I'm only 37. It also says prolonged inflammation of the urethra causes that cancer which is essentily incurable.

sorry, terrified 😦

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

sounds like u have a uti u should get seen by a doctor as it can spread upwards to the bladder an kidneys and its very painful when that happens as far as cancer is concerned i dont think thats the case i think u just need some antibioics it wont clear on its own

• Posted

It sounds like you have a urinary tract infection. When you leave a UTI for that long, your pelvic muscles can tense up for prolong period due to guarding effect. I'm guessing this is why your symptoms have been there for 6 months. The same thing happened to me and I had burning for 1.5 years. It would be best to see a gyn or urogyn, but even an urgent care clinic can test your urine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.