Scared about my surgery.

Posted , 3 users are following.

My name is Becky and I am going to be sent to Shands to have a complete shoulder replacement.  I know it will be awful but can someone give me a heads up on what I'll be going through?  Thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Becky I'm 63 had my shoulder replaced 15 years ago by Mr Limb at LGI Leeds after years of dislocations. In those days I had a full body cast on for 6 weeks but now I think it's a pretty straight forward operation with shoulder protected by fabric sling. My shoulder has been great and would not hesitate in having it done again.

You'll feel the benefit in a couple of months.

Hope everything goes well for you

👍👍👍👌Kevin

• Posted

Thank you so much Woodywhite!  I am pretty much alone with two little Yorkies.  Shands is 2 hours away and I'm worried about EVERYTHING.  Don't really have family or friends to count on.  Guess I will have to leave it to GOD...

I appreciate you Kevin and I'm glad you are are well.

• Posted

Thank you so much Woodywhite!  I am pretty much alone with two little Yorkies.  Shands is 2 hours away and I'm worried about EVERYTHING.  Don't really have family or friends to count on.  Guess I will have to let God take care of it.  You did help me feel better so thank you again. smile
  • Posted

Sorry about repeating myself.  This is my first time on here.  I just watched a video of my surgery and it scared me to death.  I am 55 years old and the doctor said I was going to be deformed forever.  What in the world does that mean?  It is hard enough to know I will have a metal arm.  sad 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.