Scared about my symptoms!

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all, i have endo and had a lap in 2005 for diagnosis and removal ,i have had 3 children, 2 by section. my endo has been under control by taking constantly the mini pill. recently i have had some symptoms that worry me. they are:

constipation that is not normal for me

constant cramping in lower pelvic area

lower back ache

persistant bloating

lack of apetite

bleeding after sex and bloody discharge

pain on left side of pelvis which goes into my hip/pelvis

i will go to my dr tomorrow and by coincidence i have a scan on thursday.

google is worrying me and i am petrified!

please help!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

HI Gem,

do you have a cyst? i dont have endo but i had a 6cm cyst on my right ovary at the start of the year and i had a lot of the symptoms you are describing and it was a simple cyst that disappeared on its own. I had low back pain, pelvic pain, bloating and irregular spotting. Try not to worry yourself, i know its hard but all of those symptoms could be explained by either a cyst or endo. let us know how you go tomorrow at dr.

• Posted

so sorry to learn ur experiencing such symptoms. they can make u litterally crippled, plz keep us posted abt ur scans and diagnosis. Wish u a speedy recovery

• Posted

maybe research Adenomyosis (not ENDOMETRIOSIS)

😃

• Posted

whats the difference? that was my second laporcospy both times i had no endo im hopeing i dont have something else xx

• Posted

endometriosis is when endometrial cells (the lining of the uterus) are in a location outside of the uterus. Adenomyosis is when these cells exist or grow into the uterine wall.

i have adenomyisis and have almost all of the symptoms you have listed . I ALSO was horrified after "googling" my symptoms and thinking the worse.. try not to worry, there are SO many different things causing your symptoms . good luck to you xxxx

• Posted

i was the exact same i had all of what u r haven at the moment i ended up haven a large ovarian cyst of my left ovary it was 9cm i had it removed on the 25th of october an ive been feeling great after it at forst the surgeon thought he would have to take away my left ovary in the operation but lucky enough he was able to take the cyst away itself without taken the ovary hope this helps xx

• Posted

thank you all for your replies. im still freaking out! today the pain is alot worse in the pelvis area and mu lower back pain is also bad i have taken standard pain pills (paracetamol and ibruprofen) they dont seem to be working very well. i did have a cyst on my right ovary but that was nearly 2 years ago and after my second scan it had started to breakdown. the pain i am in now is not like any pain i have had before. my endo doesnt give me any issues usually, which is why i am so scared. i cannot see a dr as my surgery is full until the new year and i dont have time to keep ringing in the morning due to getting the kids ready for school. i have managed to get a telephone appointment for later today. this week is such a bad week for me. ive got my kids plays and concerts, but im so down about it all. i just want the pain to go away 😦

• Posted

hi all, i had my scan, it showed: adherent on left and right side, cysts on both ovaries, free fluid in the pouch of douglas, bladder and colon are free moving. endometroisis moderate/mild. he said the endo is obviously under control with me continously taking the pill. so now im stuck to what is causing my pain. scanner said possibly back? so back to the drs to see if they can find out 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.