Scared About Pulmonary Embolisms, Advice?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 30, female, Hypthyroid (medicated), PCOS, don't drink, never smoked, sedentary lifestyle (work at home) and suffer with anxiety and depression, and I'm on Propranolol 80mg slow release (they are a beta blocker) for my anxiety.

Anyway, last week I've felt a little short of breath, a little restricted in my upper chest area and throat. Sometimes I get like little shocks across my chest, but it lasts a second and it's gone.

My back left shoulder blade is very sore and tender too.

I ha e a terrible fear of blood clots and I'm really scared about Pulmonary Embolisms, and I wanted to ask somewhere about my breathing, I'm frightened it could be a PE?

I seen my doctor Wednesday, who took my blood pressure, and listened to my chest and back with a stethoscope and said all sounded fine. So I don't know, any advice?

I'm not on any Pills and have been on Propranolol for 3 months now. 

I'm not getting any chest pains, and my back left shoulder pain I've had for months. I suffer really badly with anxiety so this is very scary to talk about for me, so any advice or what you think is going on?

Would the feeling or tightness (mild), or slightly breathless be a PE? Anyone had one and what the symptoms were? Sorry, don't know where to ask.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Can someone give me their experience with PE or anything like that?

Also, at the moment it's not my chest that feels tight but my throat, it feels restricted. When I take a deep breath in, I don't have any pain or chest pains. 

I also suffer with a stuffy/full congested feeling in my nose constantly, so not sure if that is due to inflamed blood vessels from the anxiety, but that can make me feel like I can't breath in through it full, even though my nose is clear. (Sorry, just wanted to add that in there).

Also, it's only been 2 months since I started my Beta Blocker Propranolol 80mg. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.