Scared about two swollen lymph nodes

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last May 2017 I noticed I had one small enlarged lymph node on the left side of my groin. Movable, painless. Went to the dr who said probably due to infection but if it doesn’t go away come back. 

6 weeks passed and it was still there, different doctor felt it said feels absolutely fine because of size and mobility but ordered blood test anyway. Blood test fine was told just one of those things and only to come back if it grows. 

That one has not grown but because I regularly check the area a couple months back I noticed I have another one on that same side. Feels the same, small, mobile, painless. I have bad health anxiety so obviously freaked out and went back to the doctor. This doctor felt the existing one and said she couldn’t particularly feel the other that much but in any case the one she felt was very mobile and she was unconcerned but again ordered blood test. Blood test came back fine but I’ve read that it can come back fine and something serious may still

Be causing it?! 

I am 23, no night sweats, weight loss or itching. 

Not sure what my next step should be...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi...don't get panic....it will increase your anxiety....if doctors are not concerned about lymph node change your drs or demand biopsy and other test of that node....and lymph node get big due to minor infection also....

• Posted

I feel your pain lol I'm 28 and have multiple swollen nodes on my neck/head area for 8 months now. I have seen my reg Dr, ENT, dermo and an oncologist (i wanted a variety of opinions lol). All don't seem concerned as they are all small sized (below 2cm which is like a pea/bean size), but I have bad anxiety in general so this is just making my nerves even worse -_-

I had an ultrasound recently and they all came back "benign appearing" and now I'm just on a wait and see which is so frustrating and again, doesn't help the anxiety. All of the above doctors ^^ are guessing mine are swollen from some bad acne I had this year on my face. Weird right? I wouldn't think acne could cause that but apparently any kind of minor infection or inflammation can cause nodes to swell - it doesn't always mean cancer or something serious is wrong.

I can tell you from what I've learned so far - all those doctors told me the only main red flag is the size of the lymph node. As long as it isn't bigger than 2cm, like a golf ball size, then they are not a cause for concern. Or like you stated also, if you have any other symptoms like rapid weight loss, drenching night sweats, or fever that could be a cause for concern too. But if not - apparently it's not worrisome.

• Posted

Can someone help me out here ? 

I noticed in my neck a few months ago i had a lump its still there its at the right side to the back of neck and im so worried my doctors arent listening , he only felt it and said thats nothing its probley always been there or may never go away, now its not always been there its deffintely only in the past 4-5 months i had an infection back at that time but this is scarey , you cant see it but when i poke my fingers into it it feels small enough but if i pull it all together it feels big , i went to a neck lump pro and he said its nothing that my anxeity is up the walls and its only because ive never had anything like this before plus ive a baby and one on the way and whenever i look in google its like you have the worst possible thing out there id  really love it if anyone can relate , i would say its a painless lump too feels like it gets big and small 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.