Scared after Doctor's Appt

Posted , 6 users are following.

I went to a new primary care doctor last week about what I thought was a yeast infection. She examined me and said I had a yeast infection but she was very concerned about how red my posterior forchette is and wants me to go back to have a biopsy done. She said it could be LS. I asked her if having LS is a bad thing and her response was "we always worry about malignancy". So now I'm freaking out that I have cancer (I have major health related anxiety so I'm really driving myself crazy). I decided to call my dermatologist and am set up to see her tomorrow. I have had recurring yeast infections, but I don't have white patches. Sorry this is so long, but I'm wondering if you have LS does that mean you have cancer? Is redness in the posterior forchette an indicator for LS? Thank you for any advice.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Colleen

If you read other topic headings on this site you will see a number of women have had biopsies done. Not sure where the posterior forchette is. LS is a real pain but not an indication of malignancy. I have redness on my bottom too and use coconut oil to calm it as well as calming itching.

Also extra virgin olive oil is good too. Women on here trying a range of natural remedies some they have painstakingly looked into. Hope tomorrow goes well. Oh avoid sugar.

• Posted

Hi

posterior fourchette is the skin part near your vaginal opening where the minora end and join Labia Majorca x

• Posted

Hi Colleen,

I think most of us felt the panic and shock you do and it really is a horrible disease but rest assured it is very rare to get cancer with LS. It is a risk of course but provided you use the steroid cream (though there are ladies who won't use it and seem to keep symptom free) but from my experience so far provided you use the steroid as prescribed, rub it in for 90 seconds at least and constantly use a moisturiser/barrier ointment ( I use HYDROMOL OINTMENT) your skin will get back to a healthy pink and you should hopefully avoid any complications. Also seeing your gynae/dermatologist at least once a year to examine the area for any changes. Also important is to check the whole vulva area up to the anus weekly so that you can see the condition of the skin, colour etc.

You will get lots of info and support on this forum. You are not alone sweetie xx

• Posted

Hi Colleen,

They do scare use at the initial consultations.  I do think they need to work on their bedside manner somewhat.  My posterior fourchette was red and is still red.  Mine also had a lot of fissures, redness and then terrible blistering lesions.  I was told eventually this wasn't LS there but LS was on the minora as it was very white.  I got diagnosed with menopause atrophy at the fourchette and vestibulardynia.  Maybe mention this condition as it doesn't get recognised a lot.  They do the cotton bud test on the area,  my biopsy came back inflammation, a lot of the time it does for some reason.  The clob ointment returned my white to pink but didn't help the fourchette,  I use moisturiser there though.  I don't know how old you are though as to whether it could be atrophy with age.   Make sure you write down your questions before you see them x 

• Posted

Thank you all so much for your responses. I am 40 and will make sure to ask the doctor about atrophy and vestibulardynia as well. Thank you for your support.
  • Posted

I do not think that you need to worry about getting cancer with this disease what you need to do is just Eat Right cut out gluten sugar and Dairy and take your borax baths and you will be fine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.