Scared and I need a little help

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have only been on this medication for about a month and a half. Only recently upping my dosage in the last week. My anxiety seems so much worse and I've gotten no respite from any of it. It all feels so unreal. Just share with me that you've had constant anxiety And it gets better. Give me some help because I'm having a hard time being strong right now.It's all I can focus on

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Walter,

I was on 10mg for 7 weeks before i started to feel a little at ease but not where i wanted to be. The doc increased my dose to 20mg which ibtook at night. On the second day i woke up with severe anxiety that my xanax didnt even help. So i called the doc he said split the dose taking 10mg at night and 10mg in the morning which is now my 4th day of doing and it seems to be helping then taking it all at once. Everyone is different so if you still feel horrible maybe try splitting the dose so you dont have such horrible side effects. My side effects when i started the 10mg was very tired, didnt feel motivated, anxiety upon waking every morning but took my xanax to help with that and the worst was the spacey dream like feeling. None of this subsided until after 7 weeks. Hope this helps and hope you start feeling better!!

• Posted

You so very much! I'm just rather frightening right now. I don't remember exactly how bad my anxiety was before I started this medication. This is a whole new adventure. I feel dreamlike and spacey and I absolutely hate it. I am going to stay the current course of 20 mg because I've been on it now for about a week and hoping that this is all just a side effect feeling so weird and detached.

• Posted

Walter,

Yes the dream like detached feeling is a side effect and it will subside. I know its hard to be patient i was the same way in the begining and stuck with it because i so badly want to get better and feel normal again. Just try to remeber tontell your self its jist the anxiety and the side effects from the medication and try to stay busy. I hope the best for you !!

• Posted

Your very welcome!! Just let me know how things are going for you in a couple weeks. But if you need to talk before then im here !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.