Scared and on the fence

Posted , 6 users are following.

i was electro cardiovertaed at 5 weeks pregnant in 2010 everthing came out ok had my daughter she is fine..but still had heart palipatations etc even after the convert and episodes of what i call afib??  Im 43 now...i stay so tired and i have been having more episodes i get dizzy light headed cant breath heart races etc... they are lasting longer...i also had gastric sleeve about 2yrs ago hoping the weight coming off would help this but it really hasnt....serious heart problems run in my family cardio myopiathy afib etc etc i dont know what all they are.. my brother died last august after just turning 52 he had an ablation and died 3 days later...he was really sick though and in terrible shape to begin with...but im still scared because he died...I go for testing april 10 to get more info in my injection fraction etc and a work up to see whats all changed and then we will go from there...but im at a point i cant function...i feel like crud...i have 4 kids 2 are smaller 11 and 5 i want to keep up with them a little...my husband needs me to do more..i dont work i cant i couldnt hold a job the way i am ....but im so scared i wonder if this will work where i have been in this so long...why have they waited so long..i went to them 20 months ago and they never mentioned this as an option...only now...if time was a factor why not 20 months ago? and i worry it will make things worse where they will have to keep going back in all the time to tweak it....UGHHH im sorry i just needed someone to talk tooo...my husband doesnt want me to do it at all....but I if it helps me I want to

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Not following. Mention what an an option..ablation? I can imagine after your brother died that you are scared. Hope you get some relief. Sounds like you need someone for support and to help with child care . Wishing you the best. 
    • Posted

yes the ablation and i havent been to the cardiologist for 20 months...i know im awful i have been seeing my family dr and just living with it....i should have went back before now but the last time i was there they said that the med i was on was the best for me so i thought oh well i guess this is just my life from now on.....my husband helps i couldnt make it without him but I want to do things with my kids not just be a couch potatoe and i cant exercise like i want too I stay so tired  thanks
  • Posted

They may have waited 20 months ago because you said you had a gastic sleeve 2 years ago.   Maybe they hoped it might help more or even that your particular consultant didn't want to do more because of that.   I'm not sure from your message what you are expecting to happen when you go on the 10th. 

• Posted

they are checking to see how weak my heart is its already some damaged apparently from my previous tests it showed some abnormalities and he wants to make sure nothing else is going on..and he said he of course wouldnt make me do the ablation its up to me he said we could try meds currently all i take is flecanide but im wondering if in the long run this would save damage or make it worse if it didnt work
    • Posted

I am assuming you are in USA from your id.   Here in UK they are very black and white about AF.  it's tablets often flecanide or ablation take it or leave it.   On Flecanide I am not well but it might not other things going on the picture is very misty but  basically I am not good.  I have also had 2 ablations  and that operation because of my other symptoms is difficult and in some ways I have never been right since the first ablation.   From what you are saying if there is concerns about your heart the Ablation is more of a 'considered choice'.     They do check out how well the heart is pumping etc and what damage there is before ablation.   I'm not going to give you an easy answer because there isn't one.  It is a situation you have got and need to  try and control and finding the best solution after the investigations carried out.   It is something only you can do.    I do understand how difficult it is  - I am just existing not living with the condition. I feel I am tested everyday.    It sounds to me with your family heart history it might be worth seeing if meds are ok and work.    Sorry to hear you are having such a tought time and much empathy and sympathy to you.   

• Posted

I want to say I am so sorry for what you are going threw.i am like Kate I am just existing with this horrible atrial fibrillation not living...my heart hurts for you with. All of the trials and tribulations you have to go through every day especially with small children and this condition which I know isn't easy God bless you and your family please hang in there and get the help that you so need sincerely Diana

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.