Scared as can be

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had soft/loose stools for years with off and on diarrhea. I had a really bad bout of it and in the time frame tried to give blood. One day it was 12.2 which is too low to give so I tried it again a few days later and it was 10.2. I rushed to my dr and he did blood work which came back with a high white cell count and an even lower blood count. He said it was probably infection and did a stool culture too.

The results of the stool culture were all negative so he cancelled the antibiotics and ordered a CT scan for next week. I had asked him if he thought I have cancer and he said he did not think so as he thought it was an infection , that that was the bottom of the list of the things he is looking for. I have OCD and anxiety which is now completely triggered and I am terrified that I have cancer. Every little thing I also have is now magnified in my mind and indicative of cancer ( like my mouth and throat always being dry)  because I have been doing the think you should not and been googling my symptoms. I can't relax or calm down. Has anyone have had these types of medical issues. Also, suggestions on how to calm down would be helpful neutral 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi; you really must find a way to calm down; because your anxiety will only get worse. 

I suffer from depression, stress and anxiety and recently my GP found that my red blood count is low and put me on iron tablets. It explains why i was always short of breath even though my asthma isnt really affecting me. It also explains why i am always tired and have no energy most days. Maybe your system is low, it could be why you are getting infections. Iron though only a trace element is very important for your body and your anti-imune system. My shortness of breath is because of my low iron count AND because it is a part of my hiatus hernia symptoms; i'm waiting for an operation for my hiatus hernia in the next month or so.

Speak to your GP surgery staff about mindfulness courses and 'mind-matters' groups in your area, i'm sure they could help you calm down because right now i think your stuck in a vicious circle with your health worries; i'm not invalidating how you feel im merely trying to show you that the glass is half FULL rather than half empty. This is a more positive state of mind. I would certainly ask about these courses; they will probably run for about 6 weeks but Mindfulness can go on for as long as you want it to. I'm hoping this will relax you; that you will learn to relax more and find positive ways of thinking instead of your symptoms. I used to be the very same way as you, but i attended the courses, the counselling and although the counselling is ongoing i am in a much better place now, mentally; i'd love for you to find the calmness i have now. It IS possible.

• Posted

I know I have to stop worrying and just hope all is well but it’s really hard when you don’t really have anyone to talk to about it , Parents try but they don’t know how to deal with my anxiety because they don’t have it. Thanks for listening. I’ll try what you suggested! 
  • Posted

Hi. Try getting a hold of this. Gabba. Its made in our brains and helps us during stress and panic attacks. It will aid you in dealing with stress. People who are prone to stress had great results with this. Just means your brain isn't producing enough gabba. Go to health store and get some. You will be amazed. Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.