Scared....Blood in urine

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am frightened. I went to pee the other day it was the color of maple syrup. I saw my dr. and she gave me a urine test. It was loaded with blood, no bacteria. She sent it for a culture. It came back negative for infection.

I was having pain in my urethra so I went to hosptial. They did blood work, another urinalysis...blood in urine, lots of it, and no infection. They did a non-contrast CAT scan to see if there were stones. No stones. I have an appt. with a urologist to find out the reason why I have so much blood in urine. I have noticed that I am constantly feeling the urge to pee. Then again, I have been doing that a long time since I have a 4.5 cm. fibroid. I hope I don't have bladder or kidney cancer. I am very scared. Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

A year ago, I had blood in my urine, turned out to be bladder stones.  With the laser, the uro, broke it up and removed the pieces.  
  • Posted

Crystal04 I was wondering if you had figured out what was causing blood in your urine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.