Scared, could I have HIV?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 25 yr old male from Canada. 7 weeks ago I did something very stupid, had unprotected sex 3 times with a woman I don’t know too well. 3 weeks later the symptoms started..fever, body aches, soar throat, stuffy nose and congestion. This only lasted a few days then I felt fine. Now the past week or so I have noticed some red itchy spots on my lower legs and 1 spit on my chest. Altogether there is only about 7-10 spots and they are pretty separate, not all clustered together and they sometimes itch. Could these be hiv symptoms and hiv rash? What are my chances that I have contracted hiv from this woman? She tells me she’s clean and hasn’t been with anyone for a year but i am still very worried. Thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You are going to have to wait 3 to 6 months to get tested.
    • Posted

Please stop saying to people they have to wait 6 months.

6 months was for old tests, new test are conclusive after 6 week or 12 weeks.

• Posted

Well for a faster and more calm result, I think you should speak to that lovely lady palitly and have her get a STD screening done. Since you sound like you never did this before with a stranger, try to get her to do it and cover the cost if any just to get a piece of mind.

I will highly recommend you not approaching her in a frightful way and loose your chance of closure in any case she doesn’t answer the next call from you.

No one anxiety and no one likes bad news either so good luck.

• Posted

It’s free testing here I don’t need no coat covered I just think it’s too early to test yet so hoping to get some info until then.
    • Posted

If you and the lady can go for a test together and her results were negative as she was with you over a year then you are totally fine, no matter how soon you tested.
    • Posted

What I’m saying if you think you might have caught something from your partner, she might’ve had something before you got infected which give a longer period of time of being infected then you. Get her checked so you put your mind to rest.
  • Posted

Can anyone tell me how the rash normally looks? Is it common on lower legs?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.