Scared help!! Severe anxiety and arms and legs feel tired/weak

Posted , 138 users are following.

Does anyone feel weak like tired muscles in the legs and arms with anxiety and have no energy. I also have burning feeling in arms sometimes. I know I'm tense but 8n still panic. I have had severe anxiety for the last 3 months and it's scaring me alot. I juat eant to feel normal again. I feel like I'm not myself at all like I'm just in a daze all the time.

28 likes, 247 replies

247 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Most days Tracy don't worry u are not alone x
    • Posted

Have u been to docs and getting some help x
    • Posted

I have been to the dr alot. I am going to a psychologist but it's not helping and I have been taking sertraline for about 5 weeks now
  • Edited

I feel like I'm not myself too I hate been like this I've had anxiety issues for 3 years but intense like this for 5 month I just want to be normal again I've experienced all sorts of strange feelings with my anxiety bit it is just that anxiety X
    • Posted

Of course it is Catherine nd that is the best way around knowing and dealing with it , and yeah what I would give to be the person I was who I still feel like but just ain't x
    • Posted

What strange feelings do you experience? This is so horrible I can't cope with it at allsad I think I get every symptom possible. I get muscle twitches and little jerks I guess you call them I get lightheaded like I'm going to faint and feel weak and sweaty chills almost flu like feeling muscle aches and pains muscle tension tingles and little pulling sensations in my hand and fingers do you get these?
    • Posted

Hi Catherine have you ever had a feeling like your body going to give way I've been suffering anxiety and depression 12 months but has got bad recently I can't believe it's anxiety

• Edited

Hi Denise I too feel like you. It seems like everyday something else is wrong. I have been feeling chest pain then I feel my arm is weak and chest pain goes away. I have convinced myself of every disease out there. I just want to live a normal life again and not wake up in the morning wondering what ailment is gong to eat away at me today. This has been almost 2 years now. Before this nothing ever bothered me. After an incident I had nothing has ever been the same
    • Edited

I get all that  except pulling in my hands  and i get vertigo, sweats,

sick to my stomach. i have slight headache every day.  so I hope  someone can help with what to do.  thanks

• Edited

I get the slight headache daily too. And I feel like I am swaying when I walk or a bit dizzy. My neuro told me to try to balance on each foot for about 30seconds and if I can, chances are no brain tumor or major neuro issue. I try to remember that and do it daily. I also get the tinglies in my arms and legs and feet which freaks me out but I got used to it and realized it was anxiety. THis last episode was a headache that felt like sinus and was all face pressure but I felt foggy and a bit off balance but not 100 pct dizzy. I still feel the same and cant get in the dr for tests till Mid March so here I wait wondering what disease I have now. It truly sucks to have health anxiety. I pray for us all.

• Posted

hi, i came across your post and i had been exactly the same the last few week. how are you now? did it turn out to be anxiety symptoms? i would love to hear how you are getting on now

• Posted

i get these symptoms i am having mri but my doctor said shes not worried about me sje doin it to reasure me and them coz i am of balance alot dizzi am drained weak its horrible anxiety had it since i was a child am 49 now but had a good 15 years of no anxiety until now but i had a lot of stress with my partner drinkin helping him that this is how it come out on me after 2 years of dealing with his drinkin .. i just hope mu scan dont show anythin bad al be worried sick till av had it x i think av got all kinds of things when you have health anxiety you think the worse .

• Posted

sounds like you have health anxiety! check out the anxiety guy on YouTube!

• Edited

I have all of that too with the dizziness and feeling like I'm constantly swaying when walking,sitting,standing and I have the dropping sensation too I don't know how to make any of it stop I'm not even having panic attacks
    • Edited

I've had anxiety most of my life but I've been suffering these symptoms for about 5 months but intense since Oct. I've tried many meds none help I've seen a psychiatrist too. I'm still trying to find a med that will help me. I'm so scared its a heart condition and I feel nobody listens to me :-(
    • Posted

You probably no without me saying this but it is most likely anxiety, no matter how long or what u deal with for so many years it just strikes and feel like u can't cope and symptoms are different x
    • Posted

I agree about symptoms being different I've never had them like this before and I mean these are scary. How does one deal with a body that don't function any ideas? Cause deep breathing and mind distraction doesn't take them away
    • Posted

Tricky one , is it maybe because it's still on your mind as I no what u have just said don't always work for me x
    • Posted

It is that Pamela I'm having a really tough time at the minute, really dizzy feel like I'm gona pass out , pains in me chest n arm x
    • Edited

Being scared can caus alot of symptoms,sounds like you might be scareing yourself into your symptoms.
    • Posted

Do you have the heavy eyes feeling itd hard to explain but it feels like you kind of have to squint especially if your out in like the mall or grocery store? My head feels like going to explode sad like it's swimming. I can't believe anxiety can make me feel like a different person and I really feel like I will never get myself back
    • Posted

I was just out at the grocery store and i felt like I was going to faint my palms were sweaty I felt like I couldn't breathe and my arms and legs felt so weak. I wanted to cry. I just want this to stop sad
    • Edited

My eyes feels dry and burns at times, but sometimes they feel heavy like I'm tired is that what you mean?
    • Posted

Kind of I guess. And mine burn and are dry too but I notice when I'm in a store where the lights are different I feel almost like I have to squint as if it is sunny
    • Edited

At times my eyes when looking at things it seems like what I'm looking at will move but it didnt
    • Posted

Hi Pamela,

I feel the same. I'm going for a cardiac ultrasound when I get the call but my doctor doesn't think thwre's anything wrong with my heart. Last friday I drove myself to emerg as I was having flutters everywhere but mostly in what felt like my stomach but it turns out that my pulse was 158 bps. My heartrate is always been 65-67. I have no highblood pressure, no meds at all except for zantac. They had to do a cardioversion in order to get it back to normal. I was freaking inside. It's like rebooting a pc they said. They also said that it's cery common and that they don't think it's my heart. Probably anxiety . Suffered from depression/anxiety all my life. You are not alone. Thank you for sharing everyone.

• Posted

What about your symptoms makes you scared that it's ykur heart hon?

• Edited

Can you scare yourself into feeling symptoms? Because I totally believe that is me!!

• Posted

Hi Pamela!!! Did you get better from your anxiety? How do you feel now! What helped You??? 
    • Posted

I would like to know that too. I presume i have same as you, fear of everything, especially on waking.  Dont know what to do to help it go away.  Petrified of all sorts as i wake.  Gets a bit better as day goes on.  Have you found anything to help?
    • Posted

Hi! I know this is 2 years old but wanted to try to reach out. Are you female? Got heavy eyes/squinting symptom very much struck a cord and I have an idea? 
    • Posted

Hi Hannah. I am a female, 35 years old and I have suffered from the muscles weakness in my arms and legs for a couple of months now. Here recently I find myself squinting a lot with my eyes and sensitive to light. My symptoms make my anxiety worst! I am on Lamictal as a mood stabilizer and Xanax for my anxiety. I didn't have these issues before starting my meds. My psychiatrist cut my Lamictal in half. I briefly had a little relief but now it's just as bad as before. Any ideas?

• Edited

Yes I get the swaying eveyday, burning alot of times in legs night, feeling off balanced
    • Posted

Ann I have the anxiety upon awakening like you., morninh and middle of the night awakening. 
    • Posted

First, being that it's usually in the middle of the night or early early in the morning. It's a convenient time to pray. I don't pray for me because I want to get out of my head so I do it for others. Next, and I get so sick of hearing this but it really does help, I do a cognitive behavior therapy exercise: "Ok, you know this is going to pass soon because it always has before.." etc. And after awhile I'm feeling mor myself. As you posted, it's right whe  you wake up and it's pretty distressing-how to stop THAT from happening, I don't know. I think it has been happening less lately, but it only just happened day before yesterday so it's fresh in my mind. As for the Cognitive Behavior Therapy, I didn't go to a Dr because medicare would never pay for that I'm sure. I just ordered a self-directed workbook on amazon.com. Whenever I have tried to read complete Books on CBT, I end up not finishing them because they just go on and on, you don't really need that information to ge the gist of how to do it. And it does work pretty well. I still take Klonipin though for bad anxiety attacks and insomina sometimes though. Klonipin also is great when you freak out at a symptom. If it IS just an anxiety syptom, it usually goes away. Unfortunately. it can also cause side effects and when I got the weak and shaky legs thing, that was one of the side effects (possibly). I didn't have to wonder long though because as soon as I told my PCP about the nerves, legs thing, it went away never to come back (at least so far) as anxiety symptoms tend to do only to be replaced by another at some future time, lol.

• Edited

i know this is an older forum. i am suffering from this too at the moment and i cant figure it out. My one right eye is almost droopy or feels heavy.

• Posted

just wanted to give an update i know this was three years ago but i still suffer daily all day with these things. ive had my heart checked was all good ive seen an audiologist over a month ago seems nothing wrong with my ears causing any of this. what i have noticed is ive been having alot of tension in my neck that i think is causing my issues not anxiety. but it fuels my anxiety its been a very long road of not having my balance and things. im going to a chiropractor Friday hoping they can help me ive also had a dr that never listened to me and blew me off and so i stopped complaining and been suffering in silence. i also think hormonal changes is having some to do with all this and yea my eyes still seems not focused but is its all weird.

• Edited

hello Pam, reading your story now i think it comes from anxiety too, i've dealing with GAD for 8 years, now i have the same issues you mentioned: neck, eyes and heavy legs especially in the Morning, i am being afraid that it is a cardiovascular problem but it seems its common in anxiety suferers, thanks for taking your time to write your updates, sorry for my English, its not my mother language

• Posted

hiya ive been ill since november lost 4 stone im still not conviced it just anxiety ive got brain fog insomina my head feels like a book i think ive got brain disease or tumour had loads blood test and they came back ok apart from iron but my head feels hot and strange got tinnitis bp and heart beat in my ears im constantly clearing my throat been hospital for chest pains but im conviced it something more doctors font want know

• Edited

im so sorry you're experiencing this ! i found this thread as im not letting myself google my symptoms so am looking for reassurance instead! I’d regularly go to the gp for something or another as my anxiety was really bad at the time and it took me 6 months to finally go to the gp and say I thought I had a brain tumour. The day after this appointment, my dizziness went. I’d lost so much of my time, not doing any uni work, convinced I was dying, and it went like that. Try to have faith.

I’m currently struggling with very light dizziness, and my hand/leg on one side feel numb/tingly/weak and it’s doing my head in. It’s keeping me up at night but this thread is giving me some hope that it’s nothing sinister and just my anxiety playing up as my brothers mental health is bad which really effects me and I have lots of Uni deadlines.

• Posted

OMG.. your describing how I've been feeling to a T. constantly dizzy. I can't even walk straight . dropping sensations constantly. have you received any help on how to help curb these feelings?

• Edited

Also been experiencing weirdly similar symptoms for 7 months now. Had almost every test imaginable, including a spinal tap. worst symptoms for me is this intense brain fog/head pressure/sinus popping as well as a painful prickling/weakness on all my limbs all the time. Going to get hormones checked as well as seeing a chiropractor for scoliosis that may be part of the problem. Terrible to feel like this I hope you all feel better soon

• Edited

Hey Pamela I have been experiencing the exact same symtoms as you for the last 8 months. And I am happy to say its gotten A LOT better. I find that good quality sleep, diet, and exercise play a huge roll. I did start taking Lions Mane, and small amounts of CBD oil about 6 months ago. I found that it helped keep my brain from panicking so easily. So those things could have played a roll in helping mine get a lot better too. I just thought i would share because i know the nightmare that it causes. Things will get better.

• Posted

yo i have the same thing too! i dont know if this is anxiety or not. Have you been tested for covid before you expience symptoms ?

• Edited

Yep can totally identify with this and what everyone else is saying re symptoms! Crazy what anxiety can do to your body 😦 Honestly, good sleep, exercise and eating properly (basically having a solid routine) have really helped me. Good luck everyone, Jess

• Posted

i get this too lately my eyes have been dry and burning and i feel the same with my anxiety and now i feel like i need to see my dr .. if its not one symptom its another

• Posted

I've had all of the same symptoms as you all but never attributed it to anxiety. Brain fog, headaches/ migraines, dizziness, fatigue, weakness, light sensitivity. Betahsitine has cleared my head and made me feel alive again. Nothing to lose by giving it a try. If it provides even some relief all the better!

• Edited

I've had all of the same symptoms as you all but never attributed it to anxiety. Brain fog, headaches/ migraines, dizziness, fatigue, weakness, light sensitivity. Betahsitine has cleared my head and made me feel alive again. Nothing to lose by giving it a try. It's not for anxiety but if it provides even some relief on the rest all the better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.