Scared I could be pregnant

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, as many of you may know , I have been struggling with GERD and small hiatal hernia symptoms on and off for a year now. and now I think I might be pregnant. as anyone been pregnant with these 2 conditions? if I really am, will I manage,will o cope,will I have a safe delivery and healthy baby??? please help...

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Do you really believe that your condition can be diagnosed without a medical exam?

• Posted

My condition has been diagnosed by a MEDICAL DOCTOR. gerd and hiatus hernia are no joke. and one wouldn't just believe they suffer from it without a MEDICAL evaluation and necessary tests.

• Posted

Your doctor did not confirm pregnancy. The consensus on this forum is for you to see your doctor again.

• Posted

Hi christelle51

First and foremost visit your doctor for confirmation of pregnancy. Ask your doctor the questions you are asking here. Early on in pregnancy some experience either severe or mild morning sickness or all day nausea, then later on in pregnancy some experience heartburn. To be clear on your queries consult the professional...your doctor....

• Posted

Hi christelle51

Many congratulations on your good news. You never know perhaps pregnancy may improve things with changing hormones. Just try and relax and enjoy this happy event...

• Posted

Thank you so much Mary. my doctor told me the same thing about improved symptoms with change of hormones. I really hope that will be the case. fingers crossed.

• Posted

hi Christelle, I feel for you being so scared. But the first thing you must do is get a test. If you can't get an appointment at your doctors soon enough go to your local pharmacy or supermarket. Pregnancy tests are very accurate now and not knowing will drive you mad so get yourself tested as quickly as you can. If you know what you are faced with you can then decide what you want to do next.

• Posted

thanks moon. home test came out positive and I have mixed emotions.happy and scared... I m scheduled for an ultrasound in 2 weeks. wish me luck!

• Posted

well congratulations I hope everything works out ok for you. Ask your doctor for a diet plan which helps avoid reflux as much as possible. Good luck!

• Posted

Reflux is common while pregnant. If you are pregnant, your doctor will be able to give you the best of care to ensure all goes well. You do not need to worry about anything. Worrying and stress can cause you to have complications with your pregnancy . Try not to envisage problems that have not yet materialized. Instead, stay as calm as possible a d discuss any concerns with your doctor.

• Posted

Thanks Pippa. always good to read your comment. I saw my doctor today and he told me the same, stay calm and don't look for problems you haven't seen.

• Posted

happy to help. even though it was my worst pregnancy by far (ive had 4) he was so worth it and is the best baby i could have ever asked for. trust me us mama's find ways to endure the pain for the babies we love so much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.