Scared I have Breast cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

i found a lump in the side of my breast on 27th June and i will finally get to see a doctor tomorrow. Since Friday night i have been getting really bad pains in both breasts and I generally feel exhausted and sick most days. My back is hurting all the time and I have pain in various places on my torso. My breasts do feel fuller and I have been experiencing pain in my armpits and upper arm. Any advice please as i am scared something isn't right. Thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Don't panic. Remember, breast cancer rarely presents with pain. It's usually a painless lump. And there are a lot of different reasons you may have pain and feel sick - none of which relate to breast cancer. So try not to worry. Go see your doctor and have it examined. It's most likely not cancer.

• Posted

thank you JaredDunn, I'm going to the doctor's tonight after work so hopefully she will reassure me. I'm trying not to stress too much but it is difficult.

• Posted

I hope that all went well for you at your doctor visit. I agree with Jared that you probably do not have a cancer. I did and had treatment that was not difficult. That was years ago and things are even better now. Do not worry because no amount of worry changes the outcome. Fingers crossed for you.

• Posted

thank you for your reply, thankfully the doctor didn't think it was anything sinister but she wanted to see me in another month to check it out again

• Posted

Let us know how the check up goes next month. As a woman I always liked going to a woman doctor. I thought they understood me better.

• Posted

i also prefer a woman doctor when it comes to women issues but if there was only a male doctor available then i wouldn't hesitate in going to see them. I have to keep a pain diary for a few months as well.

• Posted

My surgeon was male. He did a great job but he was cold as a fish.

• Posted

Good to see that you focused on his technical ability and not his personality. You want good health and the best chance you have is by being treated by a technically excellent physician. Too many folk focus on the wrong aspects of a physician.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.