Scared I have colon cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 32 years old. Almost 2 years ago I began having constant diarrhea. I believed it was due to excessive drinking (it was summer and we spent a lot of days drinking on a boat.) I also started developing a lot of trapped gas. I had pain in my stomach and back. I then started having blood in the toilet. I’ve had blood in the toilet off and on for almost 2 years. I had a colonoscopy with biopsies a few weeks after the bleeding began. Clear colonoscopy, biopsies normal. I’ve had an upper scope with biopsies also clear. I’ve had 2 stomach and pelvic CT’s both clear. I also did a fecal test which was normal. My blood work is normal except elevated Neutrophils (7.2 normal high is 4.8). WBC is normal. Not anemic. My iron was 1 point lower than normal. I suffer from anxiety and am terrified it’s colon cancer. Can anyone please help?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Suggest you contact Beating bowe lcancer on-line-they are very helpful-I have used them -nurses to answer questions.

Best regs

Susan

• Posted

Dear cmb you had mentioned a summer of drinking I'm not a doctor but it's reassuring your biopsies are normal and I'm not saying this is an issue but you could maybe see a nephrologist and have your liver checked also your symptoms could be related to your gallbladder or pancreas I wish you luck on finding answers keep us posted

• Posted

I have had blood work to check my organs and also a ultrasound to check liver and pancreas.  My liver enzymes at first were quite elevated but since stopping drinking the last blood work showed them to be in the normal range now. Ultrasound and Ct said both liver and pancreas were normal. This whole thing has me very anxious. Gastro said he believes it to be Hemmeriods or a tear. I just have a hard time believing hemmeriods would bleed this much and also me having the gas pains and random bouts of diarrhea and constipation.
    • Posted

Cmb your testing is reassuring and great news but I understand your reserve of everything being ok I hope things get better soon sincerely tonie
  • Posted

If you have had recent scans and a colonoscopy you do not have colon cancer. You may have other issues like Celiac disease, food allergies, irritable bowel syndrome or something else. Those issues will not be picked up on a colonoscopy. Go to your doctor for advice.
    • Posted

The only thing that made me weary was prior to my colonoscopy I had a CT which stated there was mild diverticulosis. My colonoscopy said I was completely clear of diverticulosis, polyps, hemmeriods, IBD, everything. They never found the source of my bleeding. Then a year and half later I had another CT done with contrast due to me still bleeding and they mentioned nothing about diverticulosis. Also my Gastro doctor told me before he even did my colonoscopy I didn’t have cancer as I was an emotional wreak leading up to the colonoscopy. I am worried. Could he have missed something? Would a CT or blood work a year and half later show something if he did? 
    • Posted

Dear cmb my doctor just told me yesterday scans can miss things but I would think a colonoscopy would be a great diagnostic tool I had an enterography done at mayo clinic where you drink lots of contrast and it lines the abdomen then it's an MRI but you would probably have to private pay if you can get a doctor to do it my doctor also Saud if blood lands in the toilet it's more of a concern then blood on the stool it's weird you still have blood with nothing found maybe you could call mayo and talk to them about seeing you but if you don't have abdominal pain or weight loss or loss of appetite maybe it's not colon related I hope you get something figured out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.