Scared I have Lymphoma

Posted , 3 users are following.

A few years ago i discovered a small pea sized lump in my upper abdomen. The Drs dismissed it, saying it was nothing. i paid for a private CT scan and it showed nothing. A few weeks ago i discovered another lump, probably the size of a kidney bean a few inches underneath the other one and I'm so scared I've got Lymphoma. again, the Dr is dismissing it as a fatty lump, but they are both hard!? I have also been having drenching night sweats for a few weeks but they have told me this could be due to my Sertraline medication. I feel like i am not being taken seriously because I have health anxiety and they've not sent me for any tests at all

My question is, has anyone been diagnosed from lymph nodes in the abdomen rather than neck/groin?

Many thanks!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i currently have a pea sized hard lump in my groin. doctors seem to think its nothing serious, but i feel pretty ill. hematologist sent me for ultrasound and the technician couldnt even feel where i was showing her the lump was and it didnt show up on the ultrasound. still waiting for more blood results to come back in, but lumps can be many different things, like hair follicles, or fatty tissue and i even was concerned about mine being hard. hematologist said they can be hard. i would maybe seek a second opinion and get some blood work done and see if they suggest an ultrasound. if ultrasound looks normal or even if blood work is normal, i would continue to monitor it and see. im hoping its nothing and wish u luck!

• Posted

I'm absolutely petrified too.. I've completely convinced myself I have it thanks to doctor Google.. I have a lump under my left arm it's ovalish very squidgy and moveable.. the doctor didn't seen conconcerned but is referring me for s a scan..

Since then my blood results came back with slight neutropenia (white blood cells) again he isn't concerned he said usually happens with lymphoma or leukaemia.. but said BUT YOU DONT have that.. I'm also fatigued I wake up tired don't her me wrong I still carry on with my day but as soon as I sit down at night I'm exhausted and fall to sleep... the doctor just said wait 2 weeks then come back. Ice never felt so anxious in my life.. I am.aam.a worried especially where health is concerned but this is really playing on my mind.. I hope you get the answers you need xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.