Scared I have PE or DVT

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’m 18 and I live a very sedentary life, like I’m always sitting or laying down. I have low bp and tachycardia if that matters. But I noticed last week when I was standing that my legs were itching and I looked down and they were purple with white spots and so I freaked out and sat down and as soon as I sat down they went back to normal. Then last week I was reading an article on DVT and told myself I have to start getting up more. So to start easy and go easy on my tachycardia I stood for 2 hours and that night I had a weird chest pain right next to my left boob but under my left arm, I put it off and went to sleep and yesterday I woke up to the little aching still there and it scared me because I know if you have DVT and you move more than usual it can dislodge and cause PE so I was pretty scared. Then my leg started aching when I stood from the back of my knee all the way to my hip almost on my butt, but it went away, but still scared me to death. The pain in my chest came back last night and I stayed up all night freaking out thinking I had a blood clot. It’s a sharp stabbing pain right next to my left breat and under my left arm, but when I woke up this morning the pain was now under my breast kinda in my upper stomach and I kept burping and it would burn my throat. Now the pain I have is just in my upper back. I’m quiet a hypochondriac but I feel that I could have this being that I’m sedentary. I do have a high hr and low bp right now but i don’t know if that’s just me because of my tachycardia and low bp or if it’s because I have PE. I’m honestly so scared y’all please help me out!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to mention I also stretched yesterday and now there is a tight feeling in the back of my knee in both legs, idk if this would be DVT
    • Posted

That kind of sounds like it’s just from stretching if you don’t stretch often
  • Posted

If I were you I would go to the emergency room and get checked out. Do you have shortness of breath at all? Don’t worry about being wrong if it’s nothing. Better to get checked out and have nothing wrong than to let blood clots go. They can be very dangerous. Good luck to you !
    • Posted

No shortness of breath, and normal hr and bp while sitting (which is my normal) 
    • Posted

Well that is good. I would call your PCP or GP see what they have to say or go to the emergency room if you keep having issues. 
    • Posted

Another question my pulse oximeter says that my oxygen levels are between 99-98, is that good? And would that be another sign of no PE
    • Posted

Another question my pulse oximeter says that my oxygen levels are between 99-98, is that good? And would that be another sign of no PE
    • Posted

99-98 is normal. I don’t remember what mine was when i first got my PE but I don’t think you have to worry unless it’s under 90 percent 
    • Posted

I would recommend you go to your local emergency department as a matter of urgency. Don't leave anything out when a doctor(s) ask you questions. If nothing is found this will give you peace of mind, but what you have described I'd be getting off to emergency, if not lung, clot, dvt related there still is the heart and from what you have described concerns me a bit.

• Posted

Hi first of all your Oxygen is very normal.  If your Oxygen was say 85 that would be cause for concern.  Sounds to me like pulled muscles but if you are concerned check with your GP. PEs have symptoms like chest pain,shortness of breath, inability to do any amount of walking with usually severe shortness of breath, very often accompanied with impending doom.  Like you feel like you are going to die.  Check with your family doc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.