Scared I might have ovarian cancer?? What should I do??

Posted , 1 user is following.

My name is Carlie and I’m 24 years old. About 2 1/2 years I went to see my GP as I had abdominal/pelvic pain for about a month. I was also really extremely nauseous, cramping pain almost every day, was bloated and unintentional weight gain

They sent me for an transvaginal  ultrasound and it did show I had cysts on my ovaries but they didn’t go into much detail about it.  My GP sent me to a Gynaecologist and she basically confirmed I have PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome) and that exercise and changing my diet, along with birth control, should help. I change my diet and exercise and nothing has changed. My weight has actually gotten worse even though I’ve cut back on sugar, dairy and gluten. Once I was dignosed with PCOS it was like my gyno wanted nothing to do with me. She just told me she would send everything to my GP and if I needed a follow up to see my GP first. 

Fast forward to now, March 2018, I went back to my GP to tell her nothing had changed. We did a few blood tests and X-rays. Still nothing, She diagnosed me with IBS and advised me to change my diet, which I did months prior and things havent got any better.

She said my symptoms could be getting worse due to stress at job.I didn't feel particularly stressed and thought she was just brushing me off. 

It’s just difficult because I'm so young I don't think I will be taken seriously. I just feel as if something is going on and when I started researching my symptoms my stomach sank because I have almost everyone of ovarian cancer. I just keep putting it off and thinking its probably something else like IBS, it most likely is but you never know and you can never be too careful. 

The abdominal pain has gotten worse as well as the bloating and I can go all day without eating because I just don't feel hungry. It started about 3 years ago .. started with missed periods, weight gain on in stomach area, fatigue, bloating eventually worsen into pelvic pain, cramping and bloated stomach. 

Do you think this is anything to be worried about? I feel like it I go back to the GP or GYNO and explain my concerns but they will just ignore it as I'm so young and have no family history. Can someone please give me advice?

My symptoms:

Peeing a lot more then normal

Night sweats

Constipation

Bloated stomach

No appetite/feeling full quickly

Cramping like pain in pelvic area

Tired/lethargic

Back pain -sometimes so extreme I can’t move 

Weigh gain in the abdomen 

Heartburn/nausea

Difficultly breathing 

Twisting pain in Pelvic area (pain is really low down and feels like a heavy nawing pain)

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.