Scared I might have stomach cancer!! Thoughts!?

Posted , 5 users are following.

It all started about a month ago when I started feeling a slight discomfort under my left ribcage, over the next couple days I noticed I was constantly burping, felt bloated after eating, decreased appetite, change in my bowel habits, ocasional nausea, ocasional shortness of breath(followed with sore chest on small number of times) , and back pain with occasional stomach cramps. I'm 25(I don't smoke/drink and exercise regularly) , have gastritis and a hiatal hernia that was found in a endoscopy last year, I was also treated for H Pylori early last year and stool test came back positive after being treated. The thing is the discomfort under my left rib hasn't disappeared (or gotten worse) since I started feeling it, it's just "there" and feels like a slight pressure. My Dr thinks h Pylori might have returned and will be testing this week and also have a upcoming follow-up endoscopy for last year coming in the next couple of weeks. Has anyone experienced this or should I be worried?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to add I've been feeling more tired than usual in the last couple of days. Also I've noticed sometimes when I'm walking around or constantly moving I don't feel the pressure under my left rib.

• Posted

I know it’s hard to relax, but the fact that you have gastritis, hiatal hernia , and hpylori says it’s most likely due to one or all of those. 

Try to stay busy before your hpylori test this week. 

I had the same scare but it was gastritis.  I had that discomfort under left rib for a long time. 

Hang in there!  😁👍😆

• Posted

Thanks for the reply hopefully it's nothing serious!

• Posted

Hi J,

I have been having the same pain curiously since January. Have you noticed any stool/bowl changes. I agree it is prob related to your H-Ployri and such.

• Posted

Yes it's a little hard to explain but it seems to change every couple days or so.

• Posted

You should not worry!  Remember you have gastritis and a hiatus hernia and there is a possibility your h pylori has come back. This is what your doctor suspects; be reassured by what you have been told and wait calmly for your coming tests.  Gastritis can be recurrent and will getworse if you get anxious.  Stick to a bland diet avoiding anything fatty, rich or spicy.and do a food diary to see what foods may aggravate your symptoms.

Fatigue can be due to the stress and anxiety you are feeling and can also be caused by the stress your symptoms are putting on your body.  Rib cage pain is a gastritis symptom.  When you are moving about and distracting yourself with other things, this will lessen your symptoms because you are not concentrating on your stomach.  Try to concentrate on light exercise such as walking and focus on your hobbies.  This wlll relax you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.