Scared im going to get a headache

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I've posted here a few times before. But I think this is the first time I posted about this. For as long as I can remember, I haave gotten headaches. Not everyday, maybe not every week. But a few weeks ago, I had one every second or third day for about two weeks. I haven't had one since ( nearly three weeks). They went away after about 2 hours and a paracetamol. The pain was ner my forehead, and every now and again, would feel like it's behind my eye. I know there more than likely stress related, but I still worried. 

Then last night, I was thinking about how I didn't have a headache in such a long time. Then I started worrying, thinking about when I'm going to get my next one, and will it be worse than any of them I had before. And of course, I had one today. I think the mix between worrying about getting a headache and also the added stress of going back to school after being out sick ( throat infection) caused it. It's the same as the ones I had before, kinda near my eye. This has me extremely worried ( even though I know that will probably make it worse) as I'm afraid something else iscausing it.

I'm sorry for going on, 

Hope someone has some advice that could help.

Thanks,Jack

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there Jack

Throughout my life I have had frefquent headaches

Headaches, as a rule, are common and rarely serious. Had yours been serious they would be constant, worsening and with added physical symptoms

Worrying=tension= headache!

Don't over medicate when you have a headache and never medicate "in case " you might get a headache. Headache remedies, inclusive of paracetamol, can induce headaches when taken too  frequently

Honey, we all get something, sometimes. headaches, belly aches, back and neck aches, earaches....the list goes on

Please stop worrying. Don't let your imagination run away with you. You are a young, healthy fellow, okay?

Now quite freaking out! That's an order smile

Hugs Helen

• Posted

Hi Helen, I try not to take pain killers, only if I have had it for a while. I usually drink a glass of water and try to relax ( which works 90% of the time ). I dunno, the last few days I've been worrying loads, but it's normally only for a few minutes a day, Then I realise there just stupid thoughts. 

Thanks for the reply 

• Posted

It's okay, honey.

Sometimes brushing your hair/head helps, even if your scalp is sore. Cold flannel on your forehead, a soak in the bath or a shower too

Make sure you never go hungry, Jack I found hunger triggersn headache as does dehydration.

If you must spend hours glued to the comp, lol, make sure you bget up, stretch and walk around every 15/30 minutes or so and roll your head from side to side to ease neck tension

Not enough/too much sleep are triggers

Just be sensible, honey, okay?

Headaches have been the bane of my life, I can tell you

Hugs Helen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.