Scared its cancer

Posted , 5 users are following.

6 weeks ago I had an abdominal angiogram for follow up to some dilated me seated vessels from long ago. The doc casually said that new questions are raised now as a "mass" showed on my pancreas. I was shocked . The cat scan report actually read " a vague ill marginated 4 cm mass in head of pancreas. It also suggested that it could be an artifact from the contrast dye and they suggested an MRI. There were no other indication of dilated biliary vessels or anything else going on with pancreas, liver or gall bladder. It took over 1 month to have MRI . I seen a surgeon in the mean time who told me there was nothing but o worry about at all as I have no symptoms and my blood work was all normal. Of course the last 6 weeks have been just horrible for me with worry. I have to take Ativan 2 times daily and have had multiple physical complaints nausea, abdominal pain like some own is squeezing me . I am curious if anyone else has had a similar experience and with a mass that size would I be wxperri ncinf any symptoms? I see the surgeon in 2 days for results but the anxiety and psychosomatic complaints are just awful . I am so scared.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have not had your symptoms but I have experienced the anxiety and worry. When I was first diagnosed with CP, I didn't know a thing about it and none of my doctors gave me any information. I went online and found some very scary information and thought for sure my days were numbered. Then by chance I saw a person who had had CP for many many years and I contacted them and found out that yes you can live with CP. I know we can drive ourselves crazy with worry. I hope you find out some good news about your health.

• Posted

Hi Corey,

Remember that a great many 'masses' on the pancreas are completely benign, and are therefore not cancerous. So, I understand how you feel, and the waiting is very difficult, but try to be positive. Cysts are very common; when the doc told me I had cysts on my liver I got very worried. That was about twenty years ago, and I'm still here !!   We all tend to worry of course, but be positive and you'll be fine.

Regards,

Pete.  

• Posted

Hi Corey how did you get on with your results? I hope everything went well and you have put your mind at ease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.