SCARED! Laparoscopy recovery experience

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I am getting a laparoscopy for my 12x12 cm endometrioma in two weeks and I’m really scared about the recovery process. I have a few questions I’d like to ask and would love to hear your experiences. 

1) How was the pain when waking up from surgery? I am a total wimp when it comes to pain!!!

2) Was getting up initially really painful? 

3) How was the recovery at home? Was there much pain from the incision sites and gas pain in shoulders and chest? 

4) What about internal healing? Was there much discomfort? 

I’m just really bad with pain and want to hear from all you lovely ladies! I’m just super scared and would love to recover as painless as possible! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Honestly, I didn’t have much pain afterwards, didn’t have any shoulder pain at all, had loads of wind escaping though. Suppose it’s got to come out.!

Incisions were really tiny, covered with plasters, didn’t bother me.

I had loads of adhesions from previous surgery, so a lot of problems finding things, but pain levels ok. Only took paracetamol, I can’t take strong painkillers.

• Posted

That’s reassuring to hear and hope you had a good recovery! So from hearing this, your pain levels were probably like a 2/3 on a level of 10? Were you sore at all inside? And tender? 
    • Posted

I had a vaginal rectocele repair at the same time, that was very painful for a long time. Tha laparoscopy took second place. Yes only a 2-3 at most for that. The only time it bothered me was if I twisted without thinking, twinged a bit for a few weeks, nothing major though.
    • Posted

If you don’t mind me asking, how big was your cyst and what type of cyst was it? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.