SCARED!! LOST 45 POUNDS IN 5 MONTHS

Posted , 5 users are following.

I don't know where else to turn. I've had every test you could possibly have done. They haven't diagnosed me with anything. I can't eat, every tiny bite causes pain in my stomach, my abdomen, major bloating, distention. I belch like a sailor. My intestines get backed up so bad that every few days I have to drink magnesium citrate just to empty myself out even though I'm getting less than 300 calories a day in me. Because of the pain goon eating. They have no answers for me and I don't know where else to turn. This is very sad..i can only drink water sad

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

What tests have you done?
    • Posted

Ive had ct, endoscopy, gastric empty test, mri, exray, colonoscopy, blood work, stool tests, turning in another stool sample today, they are finally checking for parasites. I was in the Caribbean for a week end of November. Started getting sick beginning of December. Haven't been right since 😔

• Posted

Have you gotten the stool test back? And did you get any second or third opinions for those scans such as the CT, MRI, Xray, etc?
    • Posted

Turned in the stool samples last Wednesday. Haven't heard back yet. Had an x-ray of my abdomen as well. He's looking to see if my colon is impacted. Which I'm sure it is. This is my second Doctor. He actually told me I have inflammation in my pancreas and inflammation in my stomach. But, didn't seem too act like it was a big deal. So im not getting any real answers. He doesn't understand what's keeping my digestive system from working. When I eat a tiny bit of food after I swallow it within minutes I get pain, bloat, and burp like a sailor for 10 minutes or longer. And I'm not exaggerating when I say it has me doubled over on the floor during these episodes. Then I'm physically drained and exhausted from that episode. It's what I go through every time I try to eat. He did take me off the enzyme medicine and put me on another medicine that I take a half hour before I eat anything and that's supposed to activate my stomach and intestines to help move the food along. But that's not helping either. I just don't know what to do next.

• Posted

And the only thing that gets me moving is drinking one to two bottles of magnesium citrate. Which I did at 3 this morning. So you can imagine how I'm feeling right now. Because I'm still not emptied out yet. It's so debilitating and frustrating

• Posted

I totally understand your struggle. My GI Doc also doesn't know what's going on with me. She recently also started a medicine that'll help move my digestive system along. Mine's called Erythromycin. My friend got Reglan, so I don't know which one you got or if you got a different medicine.

How long have you been taking yours? I just started today, but I've been told to give it a couple of days before judging whether or not it's working.

Have you heard back about the stool samples yet? If not, you should call them just in case. A lot of doctors don't call patients and it's not always because nothing's wrong.

You should ask your doctor if the inflammation is something to worry about and if it's the cause of your symptoms. He should do something to stop it even if it may be mild. It doesn't seem like it's something that'll resolve on its own.

You should also ask for another CT to look for anything like SMA Syndrome or MALS just in case your problem is more than just inflammation if you're skinny for your height.

• Posted

Well you hit that nail on the head. I'm going to be checked for Mals

Having a special MRI beginning of next week.

Every symptom I have is leading to that!! I sure hope this is the answer. Because I can't take much more of this. I can't imagine losing anymore weight I started at 162 and January and I'm down to 120. Thank you for talking to me about this you're actually the first person outside of my family and doctors that understand what I'm going through. And sometimes I don't even think they do. ?

• Posted

Hi Stephanie

Just read your post and wondering how are you doing? The inflammation in stomach could be gastritis . I had some of your symptons.

Be careful doing radiation, you don't want to do them so closely together. Since I had already had one they would not do another so close together.

• Posted

I am losing weight, unintentionally. I have gone from 206 to 192. I am so scared. I seen another group that you may want to join, where it discusses different stomach infections. I hope this helped.
    • Posted

Still working on my problem. Sorry to hear about your situation as well. It's very frustrating. I went from 162 to 112 since January. I'm on new pills now to help slow down my nervous system and muscles in my stomach. Only been a couple weeks noticed some changes but I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing. Because I'm still dealing with the issues of it hurting every time I eat. I am interested in the other forums you talked about. Thank you!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.