Scared of another pe.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had another ct scan about 2 weeks ago and no pe but i get this on and off pain not to bad but just a little in the right side of my chest. Just behind my breast. Should i be concered? I habe no breathing problems. Nothing else hurts. It doesnt hurt to breath in and out. Im on beat blockers so my heart rate is always low. Please help.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

From description, that doesn't sound like a PE at all. Especially the fact that the pain doesn't come or increase when you breathe in.  There are a lot of small muscles in that area of the chest that could create that kind of pain you are describing. Not sure what to suggest aside from another visit to the doc to confirm.

• Posted

Talk to your doctor if you're concerned. Also, here's a great Facebook group for PE/DVT survivors: Blood Clot Recovery Network Discussion Group

• Posted

I wemt to the er and my blood work was good my d dimer was only over by 8 so not to bad no clots in legs and since the pain is intermittent he doesnt think its another pe. No heart strain according to blood work or ekg.
  • Posted

Samantha I would just keep an eye on it and obviously if it gets really painful and out of breath to go back to gp. The ct scan is reassuring and if so it had a pe it would definitely show up but as a survivor of bilateral pulmonary emboli which I had to be thrombolysed and a dvt whilst on warfarin I do listen to my body and if very worried about symptoms do see my gp 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.